No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Ahhhh it seems my comment disappeared lol ;)it's worrying all this talk i must admit :/ i have been a fan since 'The Joshua Tree' and since i have loved every album !!!

I was looking forward to a new album this year like everyone else and i know they have to be happy with what they put out,they have said this before and it's understandable.

But they have been making music for a long time so it should not be a hard thing for them to do really and we all know how fickle the music industrt is nowadays with regards to bands being succesful but U2 have a lot of fans, a lot !! So does it matter whether they are relevant in the charts,the fans by the sound of it of course want a good record, a great record but i have faith that we will get a great record but reading all this still worries me i must say.

I agree with others, why make statements about when it will be ready then suddenly not until 2015 !!

They have been late before but i think really it would be good for the lads to release a statement on here because isn't this site supposed to be for the fans to be near the band and to know what is happening in the U2 camp !!!

I must admit i have been questioning why i subscribe to U2.com last couple of years and the gifts got better as there was a carry on about them at one point, the 360 cds and books were great and this time we got a good book,something different but i think fans are hardly blown away when it comes to subscription reasons to re-subscribe.

I am a massive U2 fan and always will be but it would be good to hear from U2 lads at this moment !!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Wow come on people..your fans of U2...this aint no one direction or some other manafactured crap...they demand the best from themselves..thats why we get great album after great album..it happens when it happens! No doubt itl be worth the wait! :)

• Subscriber

Yup, they've only over-stepped their normal album time since last album average by a year! Stop pannicking. Allowances for a progression in years for the elder statesmen of music.lol.

Just hoping for quality when it does arrive - and it will arrive - like the scent on new born babies head!

• Subscriber

Hi

Although it's been a good few years since the last album & tour, I am prepared to wait another year. Band is getting older (aren't we all!) so maybe creativity plus health issues are a factor(wishing them all health & happiness then after that, us, they've earned it!). If another album is to be forthcoming, it needs to be as powerful vibrant & imaginative as Joshua Tree & Achtung Baby & the like. The last 2 albums, except for a few tracks, have not been up to the ultra-high standard of U2 albums of the past(IMO, shoot me down!). All of you guys know an arena or stadium tour would sell out quickly; U2 still has an unequalled "live" reputation. Stones toured last year & this year) with no real new songs & sold out (gigs!). U2 would do this big style("waiting for a moment.."). U2 need a statement album to return them to the top. Live tour first if the songs they're recording aren't good enough in their opinion. They ARE the best live band bar none around!! Roll on 2015, hoping!!

• Subscriber

wow, reading all of these comments from so called "FANS". you all have got to be ashamed with yourselves. i've loved u2 for 15 years now and i don't care if they don't release anything untill 2024 they're still a really great band no matter how long it takes. its called having patience. fans my ass. give u2 a chance for cripes sakes.

• Subscriber

wow, reading all of these comments from so called "FANS". you all have got to be ashamed with yourselves. i've loved u2 for 15 years now and i don't care if they don't release anything untill 2024 they're still a really great band no matter how long it takes. its called having patience. fans my ass. give u2 a chance for cripes sakes.

With respect we have given them the brilliant life that they have which give's us the right to criticise them if they continue to do nothing accept promise material that never see's the light of day.

I have been a fan of the band now for 34 years and I actually have no issue with the lack of a new album but I do have a major problem with them regularly promising a release and then not keeping that promise.

I would rather we didn't hear word one form the band until the album was done and dusted.

AS it is we have listened to Bono ramble on since the last album was released about this album and that album and all they have managed is two new tracks in 5 years.

I for one believe they are guilty of second guessing themselves too much.They get close to finishing and then......Lets tinker with this lets scrap that.What happened to spontaneity ?

Again I have no problem with how long it takes - if its as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree who's going to complain?- but please just get on with it and stop talking about it.

As for waiting until 2024?I hope they aren't even together then.Bono at 64 ? It doesn't bare thinking about.