No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

• Subscriber

I don't really care how long it takes the band to come out with a new album, as I know pretty much whatever they do will be better than the VAST majority of what's played on the radio these days. I just wish they'd quit with the teasing... telling the media and the fans that "oh, yeah, it'll definitely be out by such-and-such month" and then with that time comes, it's "oops, sorry, we've run into problems..."

They really need to make a policy of NOT saying anything until the album is actually WELL on it's way to being done (i.e., in post-production) and they can give a pretty solid estimate of when it'll actually be complete and on it's way to stores.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I'm bit surprised at some of the visceral reaction to an album delay. After all this group has done over the years I think they are entitled to a redo if they don't like the direction the record is heading. I'd rather wait then listen to a crap record.

I don't really care how long it takes the band to come out with a new album, as I know pretty much whatever they do will be better than the VAST majority of what's played on the radio these days. I just wish they'd quit with the teasing... telling the media and the fans that "oh, yeah, it'll definitely be out by such-and-such month" and then with that time comes, it's "oops, sorry, we've run into problems..."

They really need to make a policy of NOT saying anything until the album is actually WELL on it's way to being done (i.e., in post-production) and they can give a pretty solid estimate of when it'll actually be complete and on it's way to stores.

That doesn't really say much as the following albums

Naked and Famous 'Rolling Waves'

National; 'Trouble Will Find Me'

Interpol 'el Pintor'

Are/were not played on the vast majority of radio. All solid efforts nonetheless.

I think the days of a band keeping its fans out of the loop of what is happening in their musical journey is over. All the above 3 have proven that. U2 have the worst communication at the moment of any band.