No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

mich40

It may have been 6 yrs between albums, but they've only been actively working on the new album since the end of the tour in 2011.  They always seem to wait until they get off the road, spend some time with their families, and on vacation; then they go back into the studio.  It was nearly two full years after the Elevation tour ended, before they even started recording "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb".  Taking this kind of time is nothing new. Better to take the time to get it right, than to have another "Pop", eh?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Seems to me that they did indeed put out these two songs as feelers to see what kind of response they got. Good songs, but most people weren't blown away. The band took that for what its worth and made their decision to delay. I understand their decision as musicians, but as a fan its definitely the most disappointing news I've heard in a while. 1st world problems eh?

• Subscriber

It may have been 6 yrs between albums, but they've only been actively working on the new album since the end of the tour in 2011.  They always seem to wait until they get off the road, spend some time with their families, and on vacation; then they go back into the studio.  It was nearly two full years after the Elevation tour ended, before they even started recording "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb".  Taking this kind of time is nothing new. Better to take the time to get it right, than to have another "Pop", eh?

Except it only took them 3 years after the Elevation tour ended to release HTDAAB. At 6 years they're pushing their luck.

What is wrong with Pop?

• Subscriber

'Thank you to the visionaries in this room. You all know that a vision without a promise is just a fantasy and we're not interested in that.' Bono

A vision full of empty promises is just a fantasy too. 

My daughter has been trying to tell me that they are "has beens" for 3 of the last 5 years (since NLOTH), but I haven't wanted to believe it.  Seems she may be right.

• Subscriber

First we have Edge saying U2 has 30 songs and 5 or 6 completed and mixed.  Then we have Bono saying they are working on 50 songs and two albums.  So, what is going on with the news today that no U2 album until 2015?  Many possiblitues:  1) U2 has decided to finish two records before going on tour, 2)  U2 wants to lower expectations, or 3) U2 can't find "the magic."  I'm leaning towards 1) and 2).  Let's be clear, "the magic" is realy U2 refering to "God walking through the room."  The truth is God is always in the room.  God never leaves us nor foresakes us.  Maybe the question is when will U2 walk through the room?  But, I believe they are both in the room and great things are happening dispite the negative news. I will not pile.

I chose to be patient and hopeful.  "Time leaves us pollished stones."  Praying for U2.

• Subscriber

I never had a good feeling about Danger Mouse as producer. Don't think he's the right man in the right place.

Maybe the problem is U2 and not the producer. 

Maybe Both !!!

• Subscriber

I never had a good feeling about Danger Mouse as producer. Don't think he's the right man in the right place.

Maybe the problem is U2 and not the producer. 

Lanois did say if he were to work on another U2 album, it would kill him. 

I guess they still haven't found what they are looking for.

I say "Kill" Lanois !!! Dirty Mouse and Eppenotworthany aren't gonna do the trick...

Archived