Sign in to follow this  
mich40

No Tour 'till 2015 True Or No, Deny Or Spill Truth / Hoping This Is Not True [Merged]

Trying to be patient, but you (U2) must realize your loyal fans need to hear OFFICIAL word from the band/Guy Oseary/LiveNation - SOMEONE who speaks for the band! The band has been out and about quite a bit lately and it was quite fun to see this. NOW there is silence in the wake of very provocative news via the Billboard article? This is completely unacceptable.

PLEASE RESPOND!!!

Edited by mdmomof7

Where the heck is Guy Oseary?! Is he still working for U2? :huh: If so, it might be a wise move to release some sort of statement before this gets completely out of control.

Edited by jenny1980

Good point, Oisin ! That makes "...Like ClockWork" even more valuable, Such a great Album !!!

Brilliant album.One of the best of 2013.

Good point, Oisin ! That makes "...Like ClockWork" even more valuable, Such a great Album !!!

Brilliant album.One of the best of 2013.

Yep, a pleasant surprise from QotSA, it made 2013 a whole lot better year !

Where the heck is Guy Oseary?! Is he still working for U2? :huh: If so, it might be a wise move to release some sort of statement before this gets completely out of control.

Guy Oseary is U2's new manager.

U2 need to realize that this is not fair to the fans. Like many others have said, if it takes 3-4 years to give the fans a 9-10 song album, that is ridiculous! I am still hoping that this is not true ....

That they are worried about the reception of the first 2 songs ... hey .. who cares? Guitar driven rock songs are dead on mainstream radio. If this was 10 years ago Invisible would have been an instant radio juggernaut. Its just not that time. Crap pop and hip hop dominate the radio now .... its common knowledge, who cares? Fear of not having commercial success should not be in their mind at all. Just put your freakin album out, and tour, U2. Learn a thing or two from Bruce in this dept.

And actually ... If this was 15 years ago, nobody would give a darn whether or not U2 ever put out another album after making us wait 6 years, because we would all be enthralled with Arcade Fire, who is as of this moment the best rock band in the world right now. their album "reflektor" is AMAZING. But the "world" doesn't even know it because rock is just dead.

I had a feeling this was going to happen and to be honest I dont have a problem with this. I was really disapointed with invisible. I downloaded  played in the company of friends and we listened and then all looked at each other and then caried on talking about something which escapes me. But there u have it . Been following since 1983 and been lucky to see most tours etc and thought no other band touched them. if u2 feel it aint ready then it aint ready. respect.

Please stop the POP bashing ................  it is a great record  as was NLOTH.

They have the freedom to do what they want so if they want to revise re record, all good by me. No deadlines or need to keep the bank at bay with another tour blah blah.

Well if it is true it has all been put back lets have a rattle and hum re release with some live DVD of the love town shows, i for one want a nice live version of Hawkmoon 269 to distract me from the wait.

next years subs gift can we have some live cd from the backpages instead of a book too, though i did like this years book.

And then if we go to 2016 I would like a  fan release of Songs of Ascent and all the demoes from the Zooropa sessions please

If it goes to 2017 i would like  a special box set  from original Soundtracks. i want to lose myself in  a 20 minute version of Slug.

People who don't believe the billboard article are just in denial. The only thing that strikes me as odd is how the sources could be so confident it won't come out until 2015. If they are truly recording with these new producers, why would U2 (even if they've never done it in the past) want to rule out the possibility that they can redo some of the songs and/or record some new ones in 4 months or so and release the album in nov. which is prime release season? Seems like there must be something preventing that possibility - perhaps scheduling conflicts with the desired producers or Larry wanting to film another movie role, etc.

So hard being a U2 fan with their lack of output.  Must be a lot easier if Taylor Swift is your favorite artist.

I get pretty pissed off when I hear all the slagging that goes on. Coldplay are a great band, but dont forget, between 1980 and 1991 U2 released 6 studio albums, comparitevely Coldplay are set to release there 6th album shortly, of which by the way I am looking forward to. 

My point is that Coldplay started out in 1999 with Parachutes, and Ghost Stories is coming in 2014, so that is 15 years.

Lets see when there 7th one appears, at any rate U2 are ahead of them on that score.

Let the boys get on with it and before you know it there will much joy to be had by all.

I get pretty pissed off when I hear all the slagging that goes on. Coldplay are a great band, but dont forget, between 1980 and 1991 U2 released 6 studio albums, comparitevely Coldplay are set to release there 6th album shortly, of which by the way I am looking forward to. 

My point is that Coldplay started out in 1999 with Parachutes, and Ghost Stories is coming in 2014, so that is 15 years.

Lets see when there 7th one appears, at any rate U2 are ahead of them on that score.

Let the boys get on with it and before you know it there will much joy to be had by all.

post-294409-0-01644600-1394351144_thumb.jpg