Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I blame Brian Mc Donald (whoever he is) for all of this!  :)

If U2 were releasing a single tomorrow and a Dublin radio station was involved - it would be everywhere over the airwaves in preemptive advertising to the fact that ' listen to us tomorrow or else!'

There's possibly something in the wind, but when U2 release something - it's big! There's been nothing yet.

Of course, I hope I'm completely taken by surprise by some technological marketing wonderment.

The Lanois tweet intrigues me though - potentially an announcement of a release date perhaps? That would be excellent!

I'm loving the nothingness. If it blasts off later today I'll be shocked - release date at best methinks / hopes for.

lol clever!

So the itunes thing is at 6pm UK time, but need an ipod, iphone, ipad, mac to watch it  :huh:

Yes, I noticed that.

If memory serves me right, with it being an Apple launch, it's usually pretty well covered by tech news. I usually see updates via Mashable. I don't typically follow it too well so I'm not remembering what all they do but I'd anticipate many will do a live play-by-play. 

NYT: U2 WILL 'PLAY SIGNIFICANT PART' AT APPLE EVENT TUESDAY

@U2, September 08, 2014

By: Matt McGee

With less than 24 hours to go until Apple's latest major product announcement event, the New York Times is reporting that the rumors are true: "U2 will play a significant part in Apple's event," its article says. The Times cites information from three people who have been briefed on plans for tomorrow's event:

In addition to performing, the band will reveal an integration with Apple's products that is connected to its next album, which is expected to come out by the end of the year, according to these people, who spoke anonymously because the band's appearance — and its deal with Apple — is supposed to be a surprise.

How very cool!  Now I'm really curious.  B)  :D

Yeah, i was doubting but looks good for something to happen  :D