Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I just checked Mashable and they have their site set to do a live update and what appears to be a live coverage widget of some kind. Here's the link to their live event page and it looks like watching the live coverage might be possible according to the text on their page??? 

http://mashable.com/2014/09/08/apple-unveils-its-future-follow-along-in-our-live-blog/

CUPERTINO, California — Welcome to the year's most important week for the world's wealthiest tech company.

Apple will hold a special event on Tuesday, and for once everyone's invited to watch along on a live stream. Will we see two new iPhones? How about the long-reported iWatch — when can we get our wrists on it? Will Cook further address the theft of photos from celebrity iCloud accounts, the story that rocked the news last week? And just what has been built in the giant mystery white box right outside the Flint Center?

Mashable's Editor-at-Large Lance Ulanoff and Deputy Editor Chris Taylor will be on scene, providing live updates, starting on Tuesday at noon ET, 9 a.m. PT. Don't touch this tab.

Edited by Shannon387

Should have gone with Droid. LG or SAMSUNG would have gotten them into the asian markets. U2 probably won't play asian markets again. 

Things are abuzz!!  I LOVE IT!  I'd love it even more if I weren't so stinking busy tomorrow. Thank goodness for my handy dandy iPhone 4S. :P Maybe it's time for an upgrade......

I just checked Mashable and they have their site set to do a live update and what appears to be a live coverage widget of some kind. Here's the link to their live event page and it looks like watching the live coverage might be possible according to the text on their page??? 

http://mashable.com/2014/09/08/apple-unveils-its-future-follow-along-in-our-live-blog/

CUPERTINO, California — Welcome to the year's most important week for the world's wealthiest tech company.

Apple will hold a special event on Tuesday, and for once everyone's invited to watch along on a live stream. Will we see two new iPhones? How about the long-reported iWatch — when can we get our wrists on it? Will Cook further address the theft of photos from celebrity iCloud accounts, the story that rocked the news last week? And just what has been built in the giant mystery white box right outside the Flint Center?

Mashable's Editor-at-Large Lance Ulanoff and Deputy Editor Chris Taylor will be on scene, providing live updates, starting on Tuesday at noon ET, 9 a.m. PT. Don't touch this tab.

Nice one  :) . I'm luckily off tomorrow so will try and watch it!

be aware that the Apple presentations and keynotes, the video can only be found in their own streams and these are only for their own platforms (being these Mac, iPhone/iPad, Safari, etc)...

the updates and live coverage outside Apple (Mashable, Gizmodo, Endgadget, Ars Technica et al) are only text and - if lucky - photos... 

NYT: U2 WILL 'PLAY SIGNIFICANT PART' AT APPLE EVENT TUESDAY

@U2, September 08, 2014

By: Matt McGee

With less than 24 hours to go until Apple's latest major product announcement event, the New York Times is reporting that the rumors are true: "U2 will play a significant part in Apple's event," its article says. The Times cites information from three people who have been briefed on plans for tomorrow's event:

In addition to performing, the band will reveal an integration with Apple's products that is connected to its next album, which is expected to come out by the end of the year, according to these people, who spoke anonymously because the band's appearance — and its deal with Apple — is supposed to be a surprise.

Glad to be back- its been quite a while!

be aware that the Apple presentations and keynotes, the video can only be found in their own streams and these are only for their own platforms (being these Mac, iPhone/iPad, Safari, etc)...

the updates and live coverage outside Apple (Mashable, Gizmodo, Endgadget, Ars Technica et al) are only text and - if lucky - photos... 

Thanks Max, I was wondering. Eh, I'll take a text update and the occasional photo over no news at all.  ;)

Things are abuzz!!  I LOVE IT!  I'd love it even more if I weren't so stinking busy tomorrow. Thank goodness for my handy dandy iPhone 4S. :P Maybe it's time for an upgrade......

I'm really curious now. :D  Although, I'm still not converting to Apple... 

b9_android_zps07073375.jpg

Although I do have an iPod nano that I'm afraid is the extent of it. Although if the band wants to hand deliver a new iPhone to my place I'll convert. :D   *dream on* 

Edited by Shannon387

It's funny. I swore I'd never own an iPod and then they had to come out with the U2 one and that is all she wrote. But I'm not one of the crazy people who has to go get the newest thing as soon as it comes out. I still have the U2 iPod, my 4s phone and I bought the iPad mini when Target had them dirt cheap this summer.