Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

It's funny. I swore I'd never own an iPod and then they had to come out with the U2 one and that is all she wrote. But I'm not one of the crazy people who has to go get the newest thing as soon as it comes out. I still have the U2 iPod, my 4s phone and I bought the iPad mini when Target had them dirt cheap this summer.

The iPod mini actually does look cool. That I'd consider getting. 

Stream The New U2 Album From Iphone 6

With less than 24 hours to go until Apple's latest major product announcement event, the New York Times is reporting that the rumors are true: "U2 will play a significant part in Apple's event," its article says. The Times cites information from three people who have been briefed on plans for tomorrow's event:

In addition to performing, the band will reveal an integration with Apple's products that is connected to its next album, which is expected to come out by the end of the year, according to these people, who spoke anonymously because the band's appearance — and its deal with Apple — is supposed to be a surprise.

The article goes on to say that "people close to the band" have dismissed reports that U2's new album would be pre-loaded on the new iPhone, but they "said that U2's deal with Apple would involve the release of new music in an innovative way, and Apple's event would partly serve as a big, splashy stunt to generate publicity."

The Times got the official "no comment" from both Apple and U2.

The event is scheduled to start at 10 am PT tomorrow and will be streamed online.

UPDATE: The Irish Times is also weighing in with information of its own, and it says that U2 will not be performing on Tuesday, but will appear at the event. The article also says "while the album will not be officially released, it will be available to be streamed on the device" -- i.e., on the new iPhone.

------------------------------

So we can stream the new album before it will be officially released on the new iphone 6, according to this...

All these rumours. What we need is an official U2 site (perhaps where a subscription is required) where we can be informed of the actual facts straight from the band or their management.

Maybe they could call it U2.com.

It would be slightly harsh to stream it or whatever on ONLY iPhone 6 handsets.

The new iOS 8 will be out on the same day for all Apple users perhaps a timed app on that streaming the album would be more likely/beneficial.

Here in the UK it can takes months for most places to get sufficient stock of a new iPhone.

These rumors are driving me CRAZY!!!!      :wacko:

ditto :blink: