Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

it's true that the info is relevant to U2 fans... but that doesn't change the fact that this is an Apple event and they (Apple) are the ones who have the last say about how it's managed...

When the time for an announcement about the album comes, U2 will have the control and you will see all the info here...

Sorry but you are wrong.The very least U2.com could do is give us a heads up that 'something' is going to happen.This story is all over social media but U2.com have not mentioned anything about it.If its not happening they deny it.If it is they tell us to check back at a certain time.Simple.

Am I the only one disappointed that a fan website I pay a subscription to is not going to inform me and other fans of a major news announcement in advance (I could stand corrected in the next couple of hours)? I seem to get more news via www.atu2.com - can anyone associated with u2.com confirm if subscribers will be privy to any news release today from u2.com itself? 

Couldn't agree more.

Am I the only one disappointed that a fan website I pay a subscription to is not going to inform me and other fans of a major news announcement in advance (I could stand corrected in the next couple of hours)? I seem to get more news via www.atu2.com - can anyone associated with u2.com confirm if subscribers will be privy to any news release today from u2.com itself? 

No, in that you're right.

Yes in that, most of us aren't surprised that u2.com won't report anything ever until after the actual event. Because of reasons.

Tis why I am a free member and not paid. 

Some people got an email.

I didn't and I'm a fully paid up subscriber.

Have been for nearly 20 years now!

Grr..

Not here either. Getting an iTunes error: "We could not complete your request. An unknown error occurred."

Yeah, all of us trying to get the new music.

Who watched the live performance. Thoughts?

Edited by sfletty