Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Are people really stupid?

If you've followed U2 for years they almost NEVER get an album out on time.

I'd say Zooropa is probably the only one when they said fuck it and just nailed a few songs at one go.

It's pretty frustrating waiting for U2 to finish and release an album even though we should be used to this by now!

• Upvote 1

Fresh guitar sounds? 

As opposed to canned sounds? ha

nice Pop sigy like that ;)

Zooropa was exactly what I was thinking about - interviews that were done apparently pre-release didn't come out until months after the release. The article that was translated here came out in German two weeks prior, and who knows, maybe it's six months older than its publication date.

Gavin Friday: "I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development." Interesting.

It will be out, when we see it announced here or in the stores, meanwhile, enjoy the rest of their music.

Walk On!!!!!

I can wait. I actually thought it would be another year or two before the guys would even be in the studio, so there you go.

And yes, this just means I can annoy my husband with older U2 stuff for even longer. (insert evil grin here as he is not a big fan)

It's fine if it takes 6 years or 7 years or whatever but they need to stop getting our hopes up by teasing us.  This year and last year we kept hearing that a new album is coming out.  Don't say it's coming out this year if it isn't finished.  Tell us when it's all recorded, mixed and ready to go.  It just makes is annoying now.

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

It is probably a very clever tactic that is being used.Mention the album get people talking just like we are.Get the interest going early doors.