Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I´m just tired of rumours.

Every day a different story.

I think it´s worse for the fans.

You know, if there were an official site for U2 fans that could be more up to date and confirm/deny or offer speculation on these subjects...

Oh wait

Daniel, it´s obvious that they don´t want to talk about it.

I just don´t know who decides that: U2 (Principle Management) or Live Nation.

My opinion: I´m tired of these fake rumours  and I would prefer not to see them because I think fans are getting impatients, anxious... and this can turn to a bad effect. But I pledged myself to deal with news, so I have to read all these stuff and inform fans about what´s going on.

However I can see a lot of people fed up with that and they´re criticizing U2.com because there are only articles talking about the past. I can completely understand them and I agree the website should be better, but we don´t know if it´s a band´s decision. Anyone knows something about that? Is Live Nation independent to run the website?

I feel sorry for U2.com and Zootopia. A lot of people don´t come here anymore to look for news and discuss with friends... this is sad.

But now the only thing I can do to make it a better place and attract more fans is to post news as soon as I find. So that´s what I´ve been doing. I wish I could more and I guess we should suggest ideas. New album and new tour (whenever it will be) need a better website and they need to improve this relationship with subscribers.

Does anyone have any idea to improve it?

Let´s try to make it together.

Do you think they may be teasing us for kicks?!  ;)  :lol:

u2.jpg

Oh most definitely 

You know, if there were an official site for U2 fans that could be more up to date and confirm/deny or offer speculation on these subjects...

Oh wait

My opinion: I´m tired of these fake rumours  and I would prefer not to see them because I think fans are getting impatients, anxious... and this can turn to a bad effect. But I pledged myself to deal with news, so I have to read all these stuff and inform fans about what´s going on.

However I can see a lot of people fed up with that and they´re criticizing U2.com because there are only articles talking about the past. I can completely understand them and I agree the website should be better, but we don´t know if it´s a band´s decision. Anyone knows something about that? Is Live Nation independent to run the website?

I feel sorry for U2.com and Zootopia. A lot of people don´t come here anymore to look for news and discuss with friends... this is sad.

But now the only thing I can do to make it a better place and attract more fans is to post news as soon as I find. So that´s what I´ve been doing. I wish I could more and I guess we should suggest ideas. New album and new tour (whenever it will be) need a better website and they need to improve this relationship with subscribers.

I know, febottini. It's unfortunate I've met really cool people here otherwise I'd left long ago

Oh wait

I agree with you.  It's very frustrating to keep hearing one thing and then the date changes again and again.

I don't know who makes the decisions about what news gets posted to this site but they definitely need to be a little more open with their fans, especially those of us visit this site frequently and keep it alive.  I don't think it would be so impossible as to have someone post a message from the band from time to time or to give us official updates on the album making process.  I mean, they did it for NLOTH.  I miss those photos and little video clips that they used to post.  It made it exciting.  Now, it's just silly. 

And what good would it do to tease us?  It just gets annoying.  And it's not good to annoy the people who buy your stuff!

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

Hey guys,

It was posted at Interference and some people posted here too.

"According to a poster who's running a production company on interference.com,

the single will drop Sep. 23 with the album on Nov. 18th."

http://zootopia.u2.com/topic/27025-u2-mixing-the-new-album-in-new-york-and-to-be-released-in-december/page-4#entry858395

I would love to believe this but........  ;)

Edited by Sunflower1mdp

Making of the album would be perfect, don´t you think?

Maybe just some photos in the studio, once in a while, to instigate the curiosity of the fans... Simple things to attract people and keep them connect to U2.com to look for more news.

I guess it would be a great idea... exclusive content to subscribers. More people would do the subscription and they ´d earn more money, of course. So it wouldn´t be bad for anyone.

Wouldn't that be cool. Now to find an actual record store in which to buy it!

I would have expected more hype by now if the single was due out next month..can but wait and see!