New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Adam Clayton: New album has 12 songs, out ‘sometime early next year’   Adam Clayton was on Ireland's 98FM about an hour ago, primarily to talk about World Mental Health Day and his continuing work o

Today in the studio in NYC By Jr  

Here's another quote and it is from me, "Release the f#ck#ing CD already!"

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Making of the album would be perfect, don´t you think?

Maybe just some photos in the studio, once in a while, to instigate the curiosity of the fans... Simple things to attract people and keep them connect to U2.com to look for more news.

I guess it would be a great idea... exclusive content to subscribers. More people would do the subscription and they ´d earn more money, of course. So it wouldn´t be bad for anyone.

totally agree!!
  • Subscriber

I totally agree with every valid point.seems like we wait ages for the website to be updated and when it is it is info that every dog in the street knows.Time for exclusive content on the new album.cant remember the last time i seen a pic of the band in the studio!!!!

• Subscriber

According to Andy Greene, Rolling Stone editor, on twitter:

"U2 are smart to push their album to 2014. Hard to compete with Arcade Fire, Eminem, Gaga, Katy Perry, Miley, Timberlake and Pearl Jam."

"They fear a lousy chart position. They fear the media focusing on other acts. They fear Top 40 radio ignoring them."

"They don't just want to appeal to critics and die hard fans. They want relevance in the pop world again."

"I've honestly heard nothing. But at this point a 2013 release seems extremely unlikely."

• Upvote 1
  • Subscriber

Thanks Fe. It will happen when it happens I s'pose, sometimes I wonder why they don't just say it straight (I'm sure they have a pretty fair idea by now!!) but I figure by keeping up the speculation and the rumour mill going that in itself keeps them relevant :wacko:

I s'pose time really is irrelevant when it comes to their album! but that doesn't stop them coming in and saying hi every now and then  <_<

• Upvote 1