Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

I think we should feel very fortunate if a tour is in the next couple years.  They just are not really motivated and it is hard to decide to go out and tour for a year with $200MM+ in the bank.  

They seemed to have done a lot of work in the Electric Lady Studios and now everything is on pause. How can you rhime this with what Gavin Friday said less than two months ago? 

"Friday (54) has been given an exclusive listen months ahead of its release. He has been described as a "consultant" by U2 – and he is very much giving a thumbs-up for their 13th album.

"I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development. U2 turns corners very quickly and what hits you is how fresh it sounds. With Edge involved, there is still plenty of guitar," Gavin told the Herald.

"They asked me what I thought and I told them I really liked it. It's definitely their most exciting release since Achtung Baby."

• Upvote 1

He may have heard a rough draft, but the album isn't finalized, and "months ahead" is pretty wide open. Maybe they still feel a song short, or it needs a bit of polish, who knows. The bit about Edge might now assuage anyone with issues with Bono's mentioning electronica as a reference point.

They seemed to have done a lot of work in the Electric Lady Studios and now everything is on pause. How can you rhime this with what Gavin Friday said less than two months ago? 

"Friday (54) has been given an exclusive listen months ahead of its release. He has been described as a "consultant" by U2 – and he is very much giving a thumbs-up for their 13th album.

"I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development. U2 turns corners very quickly and what hits you is how fresh it sounds. With Edge involved, there is still plenty of guitar," Gavin told the Herald.

"They asked me what I thought and I told them I really liked it. It's definitely their most exciting release since Achtung Baby."

Malahide, I found the story and what ever is really going on, they just probably want to show us their very best result.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/best-in-years-says-gavin-after-early-listen-to-new-u2-album-29430852.html

Well then, it looks like Bono doesn't give a s****% about Gavin's opinion !

Edited by pain_18_
  • Upvote 1

Ugh, I saw this the other day and I'm really annoyed.  Please U2--stop teasing us with all these statements about an album at the end of the summer/at the end of autumn/ this year/next year....etc, etc.... Don't tell us until you are sure!  Please!

• Upvote 2

Maybe simply what they have is great but they think they can do better and I trust their judgment! What a pain in the arse all those demands!  :lol:

What Demands _*____????????????