Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

They seemed to have done a lot of work in the Electric Lady Studios and now everything is on pause. How can you rhime this with what Gavin Friday said less than two months ago? 

"Friday (54) has been given an exclusive listen months ahead of its release. He has been described as a "consultant" by U2 – and he is very much giving a thumbs-up for their 13th album.

"I've heard the new album and it certainly is a development. U2 turns corners very quickly and what hits you is how fresh it sounds. With Edge involved, there is still plenty of guitar," Gavin told the Herald.

"They asked me what I thought and I told them I really liked it. It's definitely their most exciting release since Achtung Baby."

Malahide, I found the story and what ever is really going on, they just probably want to show us their very best result.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/music/best-in-years-says-gavin-after-early-listen-to-new-u2-album-29430852.html

Spicy: I agree. As artists, they're not going to allow themselves to be pressured into just releasing anything at all just to release something - until it meets their standards. That's the reason they are the world's biggest - & in my opinion the best - band in the world.

The interview: 100% excellent. And it includes Bono reading poetry. Of Seamus Heaney.

How many threads do we need on this new album? 

Mods should merge these all into one thread.

"New album rumours."

"New album rumours."

that would be one long thread...

"New album rumours."

that would be one long thread...

Clean this place up though Big.

I'm in favour of one long thread !!!

The replies are not exactly coming out of the seems are they pain? 

I'm in favour of one long thread !!!

The replies are not exactly coming out of the seems are they pain? 

There's probably too much work to be done to put all 'rumors' threads together because this could be dragging on for a long - long time from now, However I think it's healthy for us to have only ONE thread...What's happening right now is plain crazy...rumors get mixed and you don't even understand what the idea was, at the end of the day...

I mean...Bono says that, Adam does that, Edge is ON  FIRE [for the 3.(14)th time ]...where's Larry ? Then universal says it's out by november, then they make up their minds. THen Steve Lillywhite tells a fan (WHO? Does he have any credibility?) that there won't be any album this year whatsoever !

Then Larry pops up and says that they will be done by the end of summer (Adam agrees).

Paul McGuinness is eating as we speak or whenever we speak...for sure !

Then comes Bono in an interview and says something that is vague and not precise but we find out, FOR SURE, that he doesn't believe in scientology.

So yes...we need ONE clear thread!!!

Oh and aaaah...since we are all subscribers...where's U2.com ???

Edited by pain_18_

Maybe it's all shite and they'll do a Radiohead/Bowie type thing and surprise release it no-one knows anything for sure and to say that this is as official as it gets is wrong Bono's well know for spouting off without thinking.

Edited by basher1