Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

How many threads do we need on this new album? 

Mods should merge these all into one thread.

"New album rumours."

that would be one long thread...

B/W I agree with Mac on folder for it

Maybe it's all shite and they'll do a Radiohead/Bowie type thing and surprise release it no-one knows anything for sure and to say that this is as official as it gets is wrong Bono's well know for spouting off without thinking.

I would love U2 to avoid the mainstream and do something off the hook and just put the album out.

I agree it's time to stop talking about tne album and release it!

Also how's your album coming along Mac?

I agree it's time to stop talking about tne album and release it!

Also how's your album coming along Mac?

Hey dude, Krank have gone into hiatus for the moment. Guitar had a baby, so we had to chill out on the noise making.

We will be back...

lol^

The bright side is that the longer it takes to be released the more money you can save up to go see the shows ;) , so why complain ?  :huh:

• Upvote 1

hello all.

The reason this sub-forum was set up (by multiple request), was to be a home for all the rumours out there, news links from other sites, from fans etc, that is not official, but is being covered somewhere on the www... so while it might seem sometimes that 'we have heard all this before' etc, well thats kind of the point of it.. I think. 

We often hear criticism that other fan sites are posting the latest gossip / photos / items of interest first, so by having this space open it means that doesn't have to be the case. I think febottini & others who post often and fast are bang up to date and accurate with links to U2-mentioned stuff out there -  and also are good at giving the credits out to the original sources of the info, which is cool.

I will have a good look through and merge topics thats should be together though, see if it can be tightened up a bit.

• Upvote 3

The man has spoken...Bono talks about the new album around the 20:20 mark towards the end of the interview in the audio link below...

"We're nearly there, thought this can change. There is no sense from the band of any commitment to any release, schedule, to anything. They want to make really great music, but I think we're nearly there and once we're there we'll know. I'd like to think that next year there will be a U2 release and it sounds like we have been faffing around but actually what has just happened we have got lost in the music and went right back to why we wanted to be in a band in the first place, listening to music of the mid 70's, punk rock, electronic, we really are sort of beginning again and I know we do this periodically but you have to. So it's very different, very fresh sound and some beautiful songs and some big hooks and yeah so you'll be sick of us...I hope!"

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/podcasts/The_Pat_Kenny_Show/The_Pat_Kenny_Show_Highlights/31660/1/bono_talks_seamus_heaney__africa_on_the_pat_kenny_show

lol^

The bright side is that the longer it takes to be released the more money you can save up to go see the shows ;) , so why complain ?  :huh:

And the more money I can save to buy the album and re-subscribe to U2.com..yes..it's an advantage !

Edited by pain_18_

At the end of the day Febottini does a great job: keeping us informed !

I, for one, wouldn't have found out about these statements if it weren't for her.

What I think would be best is to make a special category, like: New Album Rumors, where all these news posted by fans can be read but strictly about the album !!!

Edited by pain_18_