Sign in to follow this  
Allegra

New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Would it be so bad if one of the guys gave the fans more of a concrete answer about a new album?  One story said end of summer but I really doubt that at this point since it's almost June.  Another story is by the end of the year but I am a bit doubtful about that, too. 

I don't care for so much teasing!

Bono, Edge and Larry have been seen in a restaurant called Minetta Tavern in NY last Sunday.

So they must be working in USA right now.

u2-ny-restaurant.jpg

Do I see Bono with a moustache? Good man!

Good job boys! I can't wait for the new album!!! Beautiful Bono with the moustache! :)  

Lanois tells me Bono is singing strongly and beautifully on the new U2 stuff. "He makes me jealous. Those barrel-chested Irish tenors."

On Danger Mouse, who's producing the new U2 disc, Lanois smiled as he said "It'll be a character-building experiment for him."

Lanois tells me Bono dropped by his house in LA, and that the new U2 album sounds "amazing" and "big," with some Achtung Baby adventurism.

Lanois is okay with sitting out this U2 album. "I don't know if I'd survive the experiment."

Lanois says he was familiar with a couple of the new U2 tracks, as he had worked on them himself previously. "They're back on the burner."

Lanois says Larry Mullen is a good pool player, as is Edge. "Edge is good at everything, really."

Source: Brad Wheeler on Twitter. He's from Toronto and writes for the 'Globe and Mail'.

• Upvote 1

Here's another quote and it is from me, "Release the f#ck#ing CD already!"

• Upvote 5

All of these little bits of news on how good the album sounds is making me excited! A new quote from Lanois says that the album includes some previous material that he had worked on with U2. That gives some hope to those songs played live during the 360 Tour (being that Lanois was a producer on HTDAAB and No Line)... Or so I'm wishing! :)

Sounds good...THis can only stir up our excitement !! However, I strongly agree with Joe ! No more vague quotes, bring on the new album !!!

Lanois says he was familiar with a couple of the new U2 tracks, as he had worked on them himself previously. "They're back on the burner."

Fire them up please...!banana_smiley_40.gifbut maybe leave the devil out of it. <_<

This is my favourite one

Lanois says Larry Mullen is a good pool player, as is Edge. "Edge is good at everything, really."

B)