New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Allegra

• Subscriber

If they have signed a iTunes deal to release an album download only, it wouldn't surprise me one little bit if they were a surprise act at the iTunes festival. 

• Subscriber

I think the iTunes-move would only narrow their audience...Not everyone is into iTunes or likes the No-CD-Artwork -version...Don't forget us fans who want the BOX SET...They could release a downloadable version but they've gotta put it out on regular formats too !!!

• Subscriber

I think the iTunes-move would only narrow their audience...Not everyone is into iTunes or likes the No-CD-Artwork -version...Don't forget us fans who want the BOX SET...They could release a downloadable version but they've gotta put it out on regular formats too !!!

iTunes exclusives are always followed by physical releases, it just depends on the time limit between them. The physical media market has changed beyond recognition, hence why a lot of new releases are digital downloads.

My days of paying mass amounts of money for box sets that just collect dust are over! However I won't purchase from iTunes, I'll wait for a vinyl release with a free digital download of the album.  

As for the iTunes festival it has a massive audience via the internet and the thinking could be, lets see if we can attract the younger buyers. 

• Subscriber

iTunes exclusives are always followed by physical releases, it just depends on the time limit between them. The physical media market has changed beyond recognition, hence why a lot of new releases are digital downloads.

My days of paying mass amounts of money for box sets that just collect dust are over! However I won't purchase from iTunes, I'll wait for a vinyl release with a free digital download of the album.  

As for the iTunes festival it has a massive audience via the internet and the thinking could be, lets see if we can attract the younger buyers. 

Yeah thats more than possible. Hope it does tie in with the itunes festival, could be a good move.

There's a loads of bands on pledge now- doing pre-order signed stuff including signed CD's, heavy weight vinyl and some big artwork a bit like u2's lithographs but not as big and signed also. I'd like to see u2 do this as well,,, save going up to London or where ever they are and trying to get stuff squibbled!. 

I've lost interest in boxsets as well, unless they are signed like on pledge or promotional its just a waste of money unless there's a shed load of unreleased material which will probably be the gift in 2017 anyway.

• Subscriber

Yeah thats more than possible. Hope it does tie in with the itunes festival, could be a good move.

There's a loads of bands on pledge now- doing pre-order signed stuff including signed CD's, heavy weight vinyl and some big artwork a bit like u2's lithographs but not as big and signed also. I'd like to see u2 do this as well,,, save going up to London or where ever they are and trying to get stuff squibbled!. 

I've lost interest in boxsets as well, unless they are signed like on pledge or promotional its just a waste of money unless there's a shed load of unreleased material which will probably be the gift in 2017 anyway.

Just pre-ordered Deacon Blues new album via Pledge signed and at a very good price.

• Subscriber

Just pre-ordered Deacon Blues new album via Pledge signed and at a very good price.

Yeah same! got Kasabian as well mate :)