New Album? Wot New Album? (Merged)

Allegra

• Subscriber

Yeah, I'll be happy however it comes out as long as it does. Next Tuesday! Surely not?!

Me also & agreed...

I saw the same info on FB - I think it was relaying the Tweet. It said out on the 9th? Not likely, there has been no press on this - all speculation up to now. I could be wrong, but I've never known the band to put out an album sans a press release of some kind on quite a massive scale. 

On a good note with all of the speculation something must be brewing? Possibly?

Eh, either way, I'm happy to get a new album whenever it's ready.

• Subscriber

You won't have to buy the iPhone 6 just to get the new album. That'd be ridiculous!

Yep, they've done things similar to this in the past with the U2 iPod thing they did a while back, and the new album was available in all the typical formats for those who didn't want the iPod. 

• Subscriber

Hey guys,

Stumbled upon this remarkable article: http://www.macrumors.com/2014/09/03/u2-iphone-6-launch-rumors/ where it says U2's new album is loaded on the iPhone 6, which will be released on the 9th of September.

My first reaction was: "but U2 always hints for new releases by mailing their fanbase", but if they're really partnering up with Apple, it could be Apple has some big-ass policy to keep this secret.

Maybe, maybe its just a couple of days before we hear something of U2!

• Subscriber

So apparently...

The iphone is launched on the 9th like we know, but this Bryan guy says it wont be actually available for a bit after!, so the single release on that day seems very likely now and also the album on the phone. 

• Subscriber

“U2′s new album will come pre loaded on the iPhone 6… Expect a promotion onslaught from next Tuesday when it’ll premiere on Dublin’s 2FM” and then later added “The single will be out on the 9th – the phone doesn’t get to shops right away, Takes time.

@u2.com reported: There’s also this, from a guy who took photos at the video shoot in Dublin: “Looks like the new U2 album maybe preloaded on to iPhone6. The focus of the “video” on the Samuel Beckett bridge last week was a phone. The main actor held the phone in the same position for the whole shoot. A massive stage/white building is being set up right now at Apple for the launch on the 9th.

......So, the video shoot has been confirmed now it was u2, so seeing as someone held up a phone for the whole u2 shoot seems likely it will be for the new iphone. If i was in the u.s id take a road trip...  :D 

Edited by utwothefly

• Subscriber

My money is on it being a single tie in as Vertigo was for the iPod launch back in the HTDAAB era. Even before Paul McGuinness stepped down he talked about being in negotiation for a new brand partner.  

A tie in with U2 would be nothing new as this has been there business practice for over a decade and something we've all be well aware of.