Does God Live In The Sky?

Someone has a picture of the sky with the sun coming in through some clouds and it made me think it is because the sunlight ...

It is the sun…. it is life's driving force, light ...

If it was not for light, we would not exist … plants need light for photosynthesis….we need plants for oxygen ...

You know …. light is such a life force … and the sun provides warmth ...

The sun provides so much beauty in the world too …. sunrises, sunsets, eclipses … aurora's (aren't these sun spots or magnetism..whatever the theory is behind them they are because of the sun right) ...

And of course …. the stars at night (when we don't see our sun, we see other suns in the universe..the stars ..

This is an interesting topic.

This is what I think people look up, in a nut shell. 

I think that people generally look up, because God is not of this world …. he is beyond this world … so you beyond this world - you look up……..

We know there is something bigger out there than us … there is evidence - the sun for instance, without it we would not exist, we know there has to be a creator of all of this …. something out there that is bigger than all of this .. and that is God ...

I know you Athiests think God is a man made concept …. but you tell me than smart-guy, smart-girl … how the flaming hell did matter create matter ? 

How did matter come from nothing? 

Yeah I know back at Square 1, so where did God come from then? 

I don't think we will ever know, do you think we ever will?

Does it freak anyone else out - the concept of infinite? 

It is scary for me, I don't know why …I cannot pin point why … but there is something about it that freaks me out.

I'm just a nutter. 

It is scary for me, I don't know why …I cannot pin point why … but there is something about it that freaks me out.

I'm just a nutter. 

G-d is the Alpha and the Omega. The stars are like grains of sand-impossible for us to count. The more I know, the closer to G-d I get. I find comfort in leaving those details to the Lord.I think most of us look to the Heavens, King David wrote often of the stars, can be found through out the Psalms, we look where our forefathers and mothers showed us to look and to where Jesus ascended. To the sky.

• 2 weeks later...

"There is One who is dwelling above the circle of the earth, the dwellers in which are like grasshoppers, the One who is stretching out the heavens just as a fine gauze, who spreads them out like a tent in which to dwell, the One who is reducing high officials to nothing, who has made the very judges of the earth as a mere unreality." (Isaiah 40:22,23)

"This is what Jehovah has said: 'The heavens are my throne, and the earth is my footstool. Where, then, is the house that you people can build for me, and where, then, is the place as a resting-place for me?'" (Isaiah 66:1)

"Jehovah is in his holy temple. Jehovah - in the heavens is his throne. His own eyes behold, his own beaming eyes examine the sons of men. Jehovah himself examines the righteous one as well as the wicked one, And anyone loving violence his soul certainly hates." (Psalms 11:4,5)

"Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified." (Matthew 6:9)

More.

WHO is "Numb"? That would be those who insisted on the poor standard of: "Don't preach, don't teach, don't teach" spiritual truth.

Edited by Theresa1

I'm just a nutter. 

ah, no youre not a nutter, LOL!

tHis love is like a drop in the ocean, tHis love is like a drop in the ocean

Edited by xtraspicy62
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

An interesting thought came to me as I read this thread just now. 

I, too, tend to look up when searching for God (especially when instructed to bow my head and pray for God's blessing ;) ). I don't know why I look up.  It just feels right.  Maybe it has to do with thinking of God as a higher power;One it is fitting to look up to.

But when we listen to the heart of the gospel message, we get the teaching that God is with the poor and downtrodden; those generally seen as lower than ourselves. 

When Mother Theresa looked for God, she looked on the streets and in the gutters.  

Perhaps it doesn't matter so much where we look.  It just matters that we look. ;)