Achtung Baby And Bono's A Cock

• Subscriber

Great review and appraisal of the album,not so much about the current incarnation of bono,I wholeheartedly agree with all of this writers sentiments on both.

So c'mon then lets have some thoughts? is he a cock or not?

http://mushythebeatle.blogspot.co.uk/2010/03/u2-achtung-baby-early-90s-cool-and.html

I was chuckling at this line "I could go on and on and on but I don't want this paragraph to sound like a modest conversation with Bono, so I'll stop there. I guess you're probably getting the picture anyhow"

• Subscriber

I actually laughed out loud when the writer described Love is Blindness as  'the perfect calming morning after'. I forgive him if English is not his first language, and he's never been through a significant break up where you go for one of those long walks down to the sea with no intention of returning. Some of us make it back. But I digress.

His 'attacks' on Bono; the climax of the article amount to nothing more than 'I don't like who he's hanging around with...so, Nyah!'

So, in general the review is o.k. but I'm really not sure if doing the 'other job' has an influence. All 4 of them make and release the records after all and despite the odd song that I don't like there's been some really good music made since POP.

But, If someone was to start a bash 'Wild Honey' thread I would not disagree.

As for Bono and the 'C'

*Big naked picture of Adam from Achtung baby was here*

'Boom-Cha'

MOD EDIT:IMAGE REMOVED

Edited by razspazz
  • Subscriber

What are we in denial of Gibbo?

As I said before for me it's all 4 of them that make the music, and I was just looking through the collection to find the bunch of weak songs that have ruined all the records over the last decade, but there's really only one or two songs that I feel don't fit in.

Wild Honey (what happened there?),

Love and Peace (but that was fun live). 

Get on your Boots/Stand up Comedy (both of which grate on my ears, which is odd because I was excited by the Boots video and  guy-liner thing, but as a track on the album it sux! But I've replaced them with the Mercy demo and Winter from the Linear film and that version of NLOTH is one of my favorite records of theirs).

Most of the bands in my record collection have a few songs that I don't listen to, so I don't see a big deal here.

So musically I don't feel they're done. And politically/socially I don't follow Bono's movements so much; he seemed alright on the few short encounters I've had with him before shows.

So Gibbo, what's the problem from your end mate? (I could probably just google Evil Bono and the Luminati, but that may not be what you're on about).

Edited by razspazz