Coldplay: 2 , U2: 0

Allegra

National have released 2 solid albums since U2 360. Horrors released 2 solid albums since U2 360. I could go on. Some released only 1 since U2 360, but it's still solid. More names:

Editors

Two Door Cinema Club

Black Angels

Florence + the Machine

M83

Beachhouse

Warpaint

Delta Spirit

Duke Spirit

Civil Twilight

White Lies

School of Seven Bells

Passion Pit

Silversun Pickups

mrnorth

etc

U2...hello U2....just nod if you can hear me, is there anyone at home?

:op

A Rush of Blood To the Head is my favorite Coldplay effort. Followed by X&Y, then Parachutes. Their early b-sides are great, they seem to have lost that of late.

*hires an PI to find U2 who are MIA*

It's getting crowded in my ears

Edited by Sigma957

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

A Rush of Blood To the Head is my favorite Coldplay effort. Followed by X&Y, then Parachutes. Their early b-sides are great, they seem to have lost that of late.

I agree (tho I may prefer Parachutes to X&Y, not sure). They have lost something to my ears too.

• Subscriber

X&Y is definitely my favorite Coldplay album. PS: Why are we discussing Coldplay and not U2? ^_^

A sign of how desperate we are getting? lol

(PS. what new subjects can we think of? I've even started posting cartoons for amusement value now!! How about the Eurovision, any mileage there?! :wacko: )

Edited by Anjana

• Subscriber

Sorry, but I disagree.

You can't compare U2 to those bands. They are in another level, like Rolling Stones... Bands with more than 30/40 years of career, bands who were considered the biggest in the world, bands with important roles in the rock and roll history.

Just think they could be retired now if they want to. This would be a worse situation. But no, we've seen them working.... they spent some time in the studio in NY last year, they spent some time in the studio in London this year. Each band has a different way to work and we know U2 have their own time.

Only to finish here, this week Adam talked about the new album in a interview for Ireland AM - TV3: "We're taking it very seriously, we don't want to put anything out until it's absolutely as good as it can be and we're hoping to have it finished before the Summer."

Edited by febottini

• 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

There's no denying the facts...U2 is slipping behind for the first time...too many side projects yes I know...but don't lie about it when it will be out either which is why I'm a little pissed at the band right now...just shut up and get back to work.

Adam said last summer it would be out the end of fall 2013...and we know what happened with that.

So don't beLIEve what anyone says about the album...I don't care who it is.

For the meantime, I think the latest Coldplay album is awesome and I'll be at their show.

Laters......

• Subscriber

I like Coldplay but they have already lost this debate because the new stuff is just awful.

U2 could release an album of katy Perry covers and it will still be better than coldplays latest!