Music Discovered!

• Subscriber

Naked and Famous

A cross between M83 and Groove Armada. Female lead. Excellent band live, played here last month. Took my Nikon.

Do you have a favorite song of theirs?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I think the video is essential for Magnificent ... Especially because it was recorded IN Fez !!! The oriental beats and harmonies are there for sure...Not as much as on Achtung Baby but still !!! It's a Great song that always inspires me and sets me free !!!

• Subscriber

I think the video is essential for Magnificent ... Especially because it was recorded IN Fez !!! The oriental beats and harmonies are there for sure...Not as much as on Achtung Baby but still !!! It's a Great song that always inspires me and sets me free !!!

Hi Chris. Just to clarify what I meant when I said this: "4:10-4:15  or  4:10-4:14!!! Hey, that's truly beautiful! Truly special! I mean the music, not the video there."  I didn't mean I don't think the music video is special - I just meant that my comment about 4:10 - 4:14 was specifically about just the music there (the music during those 4 seconds or so).

Yes definitely. It's either "What We Want or "A Small Reunion". With my Mom's 1 year anniversary coming up 06-29 the second one I really identify with. Unfortunately "A Small Reunion" wasn't played at the Hawaii show. It would have made a GREAT finale. "Youngblood" was played instead.

There really isn't a bad song from them yet. That's encouraging for their longevity.

Naked and Famous

A cross between M83 and Groove Armada. Female lead. Excellent band live, played here last month. Took my Nikon.

Do you have a favorite song of theirs?

Edited by Sigma957
  • Subscriber

A band called Dexters. I was lucky enough to see them in Glasgow when they supported The Enemy and have seen them twice since. They've announced a Scottish show in the UK tour in November. Check them out. Cheap tickets too.

That gets your attention from the 1st second. I like. Thanks Craig. :)

Glad I could help! :)

I heard Naked and Famous were at Glastonbury 2013 along with EDITORS. They soundchecked at the Hawaii show and since the venue walls are kind of thin at the Republik we could hear it all outside. Sounded so good.

• Subscriber

I heard Naked and Famous were at Glastonbury 2013 along with EDITORS. They soundchecked at the Hawaii show and since the venue walls are kind of thin at the Republik we could hear it all outside. Sounded so good.

I've seen Editors three times in the last 12 months. The first time was on Sunday at Reading Festival, then Brixton Academy in London in November (four days before my birthday, actually) and then at the Roundhouse in London back in March. Smashed it each and every time.

• Subscriber

COOL !!!!