Alma1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Some other two albums I couldn't find on YouTube but that I STRONGLY recommend are : Tide and Antonio Brasileiro...also, if you can find it anywhere : Frank Sinatra & Anotnio carlos Jobim - the complete reprise recordings....ALSO : Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong - Porgy and Bess !!!!!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Alma, check this OUT :

Wow. I can't say how much I ENJOYED that!! That was wonderful! What a perfect performance. The word that actually comes to mind for that performance is: Magnificent! You can tell Bono felt it was Really Good, too. And it seemed other band members enjoyed it, too. THANKS for it, Chris!

I like that it was filmed from the beginning, too - from b4 Desmond Tutu was speaking & when he started speaking.

The fact the camera-person is moving or dancing at 1 point in the middle of it started for a few seconds to almost bother me, but then I actually liked it because it just makes it feel more like an authentic experience! That texture is added. You feel more like you're actually there.

• Subscriber

Will check out the other vids you posted when I have a chance. :)

When you say 'Frank Sinatra & Antonio carlos Jobim' - do you mean recorded together? (Either way, I look forward to checking out any Sinatra music!)

(Btw, I see Jobim was on the A&M label - which stood for 'Alpert' & I think 'Moss.' Alpert - as in the great Herb Alpert. Great in my book at least! I loved his music.)

• Subscriber

Yes, Yes, YEeeees ! Recorded together, Frank & Jobim ! Yes, it's great music...I guarantee it !!! I made the drawings I will send you while listening to this music !

What is very important is that Tutu says this : I cannot be human by myself...I can't be human without you...that's why people feel lonely if there isn't anyone there...they're not created to live alone...!!!