•  

Stories of Surrender Book Tour Zoo Header - Madrid.jpg

Music Discovered!

Alma1

• Subscriber

I'm reminding you...a lot of this series' plot takes place in Fez...and the music is Fez-inspired...Need I say more?  Words can only ruin it...Enjoy !

OHHhhh. I was wondering. :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I like that the drummer is very relaxed and he's very funny to me (in a good way) !!!

Btw, I remembered a word-play Louis Armstrong did on a live version of a song he performed with Ella (he usually did funny word-plays in the live versions...and faces) : "And the next song...You Won't be Sausage-Fried..come on up Ella...Hehe...You won't be satisfied is the song !" something like this !

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I like that the drummer is very relaxed and he's very funny to me (in a good way) !!!

Btw, I remembered a word-play Louis Armstrong did on a live version of a song he performed with Ella (he usually did funny word-plays in the live versions...and faces) : "And the next song...You Won't be Sausage-Fried..come on up Ella...Hehe...You won't be satisfied is the song !" something like this !

"I like that the drummer is very relaxed and he's very funny to me (in a good way) !!!:)

"Btw, I remembered a word-play Louis Armstrong did on a live version of a song he performed with Ella (he usually did funny word-plays in the live versions...and faces) : "And the next song...You Won't be Sausage-Fried...come on up Ella...Heha...You won't be satisfied is the song !" something like this !"  Cute.  :D Ooh - it adds a layer of knowledge for me about Louis Armstrong. Maybe his sense of humor was just natural for him, but maybe it was also showmanship. :)

• Subscriber

This for me is under the category of music videos re-discovered. Hadn't seen this video in years! Forgot so much of it.

Some of the imagery makes it seem he's so upset w/someone that he wants to sacrifice her in some god-forsaken ritual.  :huh:  :lol:

For anyone who might not know, the backup singers sing "les yeux sans visage" - French for 'eyes w/out a face.'  4:05 - Billy's signature slo-mo punch towards the camera. I always loved that. Like controlled fire. I wonder how he's doing these days. I remember when he appeared in an Adam Sandler / Drew Barrymore movie that I liked. (Pretty sure it was 'The Wedding Singer.') After saying "I wonder how he's doing these days" I remembered he still tours. (That doesn't say it all though - I still hope he's got happiness, etc.)  I Love me some Billy Idol.

Edited by Alma1

• Subscriber

Chris! I had no idea! Check out where he was - what was posted on his FaceBook page July 30 - I kid u not (He looks happy. So glad to see that.) :

Billy along with the band and crew enjoying a celebratory dinner together in Bucharest during the Billy Idol Summer European Tour. #letseat #idollive #bfi

10525907_683389945064569_651367191418405

P.S. Chris: if he's still there, this is your mission: Go tell him someone in NY thinks he's great. But wait, he already knows that. Just tell him "hi." :D

On 2nd thought, your mission is to go to where he is & yell "New York says hello" & then smile at him  :D & then leave him in peace. :lol:

(That'll be your Rebel Yell right there I guess.)

Edited by Alma1

• Subscriber

Billy Idol - White Wedding - UNPLUGGED! (Just discovered this on YouTube.) Oh my lord. goosebumps.

Seriously, not far past the middle of this video, it starts w/goosebumps, then I swear my arms fill w/tingling electricity - then it does something to my heart & solar plexis - then it goes up my spine starting below my shoulders up the back of my neck! Then it's electricity down my arms to my fingertips. Literally! Physiological reactions from this. :D

Saw this twice - same things happened.

Edited by Alma1