OK OK there is no news but just a quick hello and how you doing to all the members who thought it wise to pay $50 for another years paid membership.

No input or participation from any member of U2

No free gifts apart from a book none of us really wanted to begin with

No exclusive news

No fan club only music

No signed items of any kind

No "meet the band"

Nothing really worth handing over our hard earned cash for if you are honest

Even the die hard members seem to have given up on the site

Even the videos link to Youtube which is free

Honestly how many people who paid for another year's membership feel they are getting value for money?

And lastly, a big hello to all you free members who get more or less the same as the paid up members

Edited by muddy grey wolf
  • Subscriber

I understand the points made but whether a subscriber feels they get value for money paying a subscription is a personal thing and depends largely on why they want to come in here - obviously because we want U2 news/band input etc where I think many would agree U2.com could do more to keep the site interesting but the reality seems to be there is very little going on to report.

Personally, I don't subscribe purely for the U2 side of things, I like many of the people in here some of whom only really participate in the downstairs forums. I enjoy having access to those forums where we have relaxed fun/chat and just some bantering about, I like it - for me the subscription is still worth that  - if it wasn't I'd make a personal choice not to pay it.

PS. oh and when it comes to having a bit of fun and relaxation, personally, being 'wise' with money isn't always at the forefront of my mind  ;)

Edited by Anjana
  • Subscriber

Anjana is right too !

:lol: I like your diplomacy Chris!

I just like to make the best of things, that's all, even if sometimes it's not all I want it to be. The site could be much better but I do like being here and I'm ok with still subscribing. I know when U2 are back in the limelight it will be very rock 'n roll in here again!! :D

• Community Moderator

Think about how little and far between things were when U2.com was merely a 4 magazine subscription called "Propaganda" and a subscription could take years to fill and you knew no one other than your local friends that might like U2 or you could become pen pals with someone.  Feel better about it now?

• Subscriber

Excellent way to frame it, mich40.

How some peeps forget the old days. But in some ways, the old way days added a bit of mystery and magic to the fandom, which seems to have faded now. Maybe that is due to me getting older. ;-)

• Subscriber

Think about how little and far between things were when U2.com was merely a 4 magazine subscription called "Propaganda" and a subscription could take years to fill and you knew no one other than your local friends that might like U2 or you could become pen pals with someone.  Feel better about it now?

Yup ! I'm feeling better !