Joy Of Joys! Have Just Educated A Class Of 9/10 Years Olds About ~Bono And U2

shirleybolton378

Happiest day of my life so far....

Comments recieved

Oh thank you Miss Bolton I never realized how much more there was to Bono. I always thought he was just a rock star, but he is obviously a man of great faith who has fought for peace.  You've really opened my eyes.

Printed out Sunday Bloody Sunday lyrics..... can I take this home Miss?

How many of you have heard of U2?.....blank stares

Played opening bars of Beautiful Day on you tube....Miss, miss by grandad listens to this!!

Miss look there's Sunday Bloody Sunday link

"Well spotted" I said

clicked on it and it was the Live From Red Rocks  performance...."He's waving the white flag of peace"

mentioned Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Make Poverty History, the RED campaign, Nelson Mandela...the film and what happened the night it premiered with Prince William and Kate.

Finished by taking them into the next classroom where I had set up Ordinary Love, which they watched glued to the screen

How did they do that!!!!!

Miss can we watch it again?

("no" from the class teacher)

You can watch it on you tube tonight....I informed them

I mentioned about Bono losing his grandad and mum in the space of about 10 days and how Ali and U2 saved him.  "He could have been a very naughty boy" said the class teacher "but he chose to go down a different path"

I feel like I have really done something worthwhile today.....

The subject this afternoon was R.E.

:) :) :) :) :) Thanks sweetie, that means a lot especially as you're from Northern Ireland.  The class teacher is a Catholic but she always says to the children "that's just my opinion, you have to form your own opinion."  It occured to me yesterday, and I mentioned this to her, that we are fortunate to have Muslims in our area, there is quite a high percent in Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton.  If a bomb had been planted in this area and several followers of Islam had been killed, it could have been the start of World War III.  I wish R.E. had been like this when I was at school. xox

Edited by shirleybolton378

• Subscriber

:) :) :) :) :) Thanks sweetie, that means a lot especially as you're from Northern Ireland. The class teacher is a Catholic but she always says to the children "that's just my opinion, you have to form your own opinion." It occured to me yesterday, and I mentioned this to her, that we are fortunate to have Muslims in our area, there is quite a high percent in Blackburn, Darwen and Bolton. If a bomb had been planted in this area and several followers of Islam had been killed, it could have been the start of World War III. I wish R.E. had been like this when I was at school. xox

No problems :)

p.s I wish the same about R.E.

• Subscriber

That sounds like a great day indeed,

I am waiting for the day my children (and husband) suddenly turn round and go, "wow, this stuff is amazing, why didn't I realise before.."

I'll let you know when it happens :rolleyes:

just got back from the Celebration Assembly, and Beautiful Day was played 6 times while the children were coming in.  I was sat at the back of the hall with three little children who were all under one year old and they were going absolutely nuts for U2! bouncing up and down, clapping their hands, one even started rolling around the floor in time to the music...it was hilarious, and reassuring to know that little children love U2.  A great way to end the school week.  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D