Sign in to follow this  
peterferris8

Universal Music Colombia On Twitter: New Album Titled 'sirens' And Will Be Ready In September

UNIVERSAL MUSIC COLOMBIA: U2'S 'SIRENS' ALBUM READY IN SEPTEMBER

@U2, July 24, 2014

By: Matt McGee

U2's new album will be called Sirens and will be ready in September. So says a tweetposted late Wednesday by Universal Music Colombia:

#noticias para los seguidores de @U2. El disco se va a titular #Sirens y estará listo en el mes de septiembre. pic.twitter.com/ZRLPMLIWRY

— Universal Music Col (@UMusicColombia) July 24, 2014

Clicking on the translate link leads to this:

14731187332_0f52319510_o.png

There's some speculation on U2Valencia.com that this is actually the name of a single, not the album, and that it might be "Siren" instead of "Sirens." In any case, it has to be considered a good sign when a Universal Music office starts tweeting about new U2 music. Stay tuned... 

http://www.atu2.com/news/universal-music-colombia-u2s-sirens-album-ready-in-september.html

I'll be glad if it's a short title! Need a punchy one. Quite like it (if it's true)

If this is true, it's the shortest U2 album title in 17 years!

So far it seems people are either liking or hating that title. To me, it's too short. Not descriptive enough.

How about 'Siren Song,' or 'Call of the Siren,' or...? For one thing, just 'Sirens' makes me think of ambulance sirens & police car sirens - which of course are not happy things. So - that's my 2 cents. :)

Darn....

Don't believe anything you read from twitter! 

Anything. Take it with a pinch of salt, until something with real substance or an actual product is out.

A band I am into, The Wonder Stuff, well there was a tweet like this....

@mileshuntTWS of @thewonder_stuff says they hope to have a new album out by 2016

Good tweet. Imagine quite a few fans getting excited because the tweet mentions Miles and the band, so it must be true?

Miles Hunt didn't know anything of it, and responded with this

"This just over on Twitter. I suppose I better get cracking with some writing then!"

Brilliant, goes to show, any old B.S. can be written and people believe it.

MacFoley has a good point about Twitter, I think - to take it w/ a grain of salt.