Sign in to follow this  
peterferris8

Universal Music Colombia On Twitter: New Album Titled 'sirens' And Will Be Ready In September

Alma, remember someone from Universal in Brasil spread some other BS about a release month? Everyone was going nuts for it, still no 13th U2 album.

Twitter is the king of networking lies. 

Alma, remember someone from Universal in Brasil spread some other BS about a release month? Everyone was going nuts for it, still no 13th U2 album.

Mac, I've seen some Twitter accounts in the past that looked like official ones, but weren't. So it's good like u said to take things w/ a grain of salt (even though I'm glad Peter posted this so we could check it out).

Rumors abound, but when are we actually going to get a new album??? <_< <_<

Sirens is more likely the name of the first single from the new album not the album title.

Mac, I've seen some Twitter accounts in the past that looked like official ones, but weren't. So it's good like u said to take things w/ a grain of salt (even though I'm glad Peter posted this so we could check it out).

True.

Thanks for the info Pete!

Gavin posted the apparent teaser to the U2TOURFANS fb page about an hour and a half ago and it has now been removed, looks like he could be in agreement as to it's legitimacy. It had a great sound to it so let's at least hope the audio has some validity. As for the title, IF there is any truth in it, I like it, Sirens have come up a few times in U2 lyrics for many years and I feel like for them it would mean something much closer to alternative definitions.

Greek Mythology Each of a number of women or winged creatures whose singing lured unwary sailors on to rocks.

A woman who is considered to be alluring or fascinating but also dangerous in some way.

If you think of 'Siren song' as being something that is  "Used in reference to the appeal of something that is alluring but also potentially harmful or dangerous" (Oxford dictionaries quote) then it is actually a very Bono and U2 sort of title.

Edited by Rhi_K

I hope it's not true...seriously...it sounds like a leftover... and I don't like it... Really all of them should get a little more angry with the situation around the world and write something more fierce and dynamic. We live in a time of such turmoil and they write mellow songs??? Where's the relevance they're seeking??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRro-96u0YM