History

Malahide

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It was the pre War tour during the month of December 1982. It started on December 1 in Tiffany's Glasgow and ended that month with three concerts in Dublin's SFX Center. All concerts were indoor. They played also Apollo Theater Manchester, Hammersmith Palais London, City Hall Cork etc... and five gigs in total in Belgium and Holland. War wasn't released yet, but the band played Sunday Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day. I guess there were about 1.000 people that December 10 in a party and concert hall in the city of Mechelen with the size of a large cinema. We were very early at the venue and the band arrived in a van with Bono behind the steering wheel. He even had time for a chat. While waiting outside I had to go to the toilet, walked inside a corridor of the building and nearly bumped into Edge! :)

Edited by Malahide

• Subscriber

Wow! lol

So you followed them all those years... :o

By chance, I sarted to read a bit of U2: Wide Awake In America and it was nice to read something about how those early shows were (but it was before the War tour :P). I loved when it talks about Boy also, yes it was great that they did that when they were some teenagers. Funny reading  :D

• 2 weeks later...