Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Subscriber

I know, it's early days but I'm too excited to wait!!! So do you think it's great...or not so much?

(as far as 'relevance' goes Bono, you can't get much more relevant than launching with an Apple product!! Clever marketing).

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I think it is great, I feel like it's a reinvention that is going to stand up to current trends and perhaps gather some new blood but also carries a lot of history in the sound and lyrics, I've got to say that the past two albums had to grow on me, it took a few listens, but this grabbed me immediately and I can count on one hand all the albums that have done that to me over the years. Whether or not it will stand the test of time like some of their others I don't know, but for right now I am happy to live in the moment, will be interesting to see where they go with Songs Of Experience  

• Subscriber

Couple of listens now, some great tunes starting to stand out. Like all recent albums, a grower. All morning I will clearing out garage junk introducing the neighbours to the new U2 album!

• Subscriber

Still on first listen, pretty happy with this new album, I love the start of each new song, songs feel a little unU2, but I'm happy with new album, this could become a favourite, sits well with "all that you can't leave behind" and "how to dismantle an atomic bomb".

Happy Listening everyone

• Subscriber

Although I had that feeling of something very fresh, different and powerful hitting me...this album went to the status of Great Classic U2 style-album in my mind immediately !!! With No Line on the Horizon it was harder...it took me some time to get accustomed to it !!!!

I don't think I'm gonna review it or something....It spoils it !! The album has to be enjoyed !!!!

PS : I voted Anjana....!!! If you were wondering !!!!

• Subscriber

As I said before it hasn't really grabbed me

Iris is a standout

Based on early listenings have only gone for a 'good'

Sorry

Lots and lots of listening later I stand corrected and move it up to the great

Edited by Asterix
  • Subscriber

I've only listened to it twice through so far, but I'm digging it. The album is bringing in sounds from their entire catalog! The second half of the album sounds a bit more experimental and outside of what they have done in recent years. Loving that!!!