• Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

For all those that wax lyrical about AB - It was ok. It was a departure from Joshua Tree (U2's best ever and complete album), and recieved more plaudits than it should have in my opinion due to the fact that the band just turned a wee corner.

This one.?

Feckin better still....growing tunes from the best band ever.

The songs on this album, whilst of a different hang, are completely joyous and great. In my opinion only of course!

• Subscriber

Completely disagree..While SOI is a great album it doesn't come near the magic, intensity and power of U2's best Masterpiece in every term (musically, lyrically, atmosphere-wise) - Achtung Baby !!!

Indeed. While Pop is my favorite, my critical side knows that AB was at the forefront of music at its release. It was not of a genre that was at the head like the rock of TJT. It *made* electronic rock the head of music at its release. Depeche Mode's Violator started the push in 1990 and AB finished pushing the masses toward electro-rock in 1991. To put it another way, AB was not just a big fish in the river as TJT was -- it cut an entirely new river path into the musical forest.

• Subscriber

Completely disagree..While SOI is a great album it doesn't come near the magic, intensity and power of U2's best Masterpiece in every term (musically, lyrically, atmosphere-wise) - Achtung Baby !!!

Indeed. While Pop is my favorite, my critical side knows that AB was at the forefront of music at its release. It was not of a genre that was at the head like the rock of TJT. It *made* electronic rock the head of music at its release. Depeche Mode's Violator started the push in 1990 and AB finished pushing the masses toward electro-rock in 1991. To put it another way, AB was not just a big fish in the river as TJT was -- it cut an entirely new river path into the musical forest.

Brilliant review ! And I love POP too (it was my favourite album for years) !!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Love the album and was great surprise that it was free,

BUT as a non ITunes customer (and never will be) I thought it was a slap in the face for members on here that wernt offered a chance to download it via the fan club?

I thought that was the whole point of this site?

And with the "New Format" being developed by Apple and U2 I can only see us getting alienated even more, I thought U2 respected their fans not forced them into paying for and using products they might not want to..

Rant over

:wub:

I'm glad at least Barnes and Noble will have the physical copy. Otherwise I'd be stuck buying it as digital FLAC off Fanfire. Oh my! And knowing Fanfire...it would probably get lost at the upload stage to my PC. After purchasing.

"file not found, please have your credit card ready for purchase. Can we interest you in some keychains?"

Edited by Sigma957

Is this what washed up rock bands with more money than skill do when they can't sell records ... Try and latch onto the oat tails of a true rock band like the ramones? U2 talk about how the ramones helped them to get started in music. What a load of crap! Just because you can afford to buy the rights to use joey in your music video, doesn't make it right. Shame on you! You should have more respect for the dead.