Anjana

Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

I cannot stop listening to this album, each time I listen to it, I like it more and more, it took out tears of me, incredible. I remember the same thing happened to me when Achtung Baby (love it after listening to it more than 10/25/20 times)

I believe this is a masterpiece, no less than Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree. With time it’ll be much more appreciated by all

Thanks guys!!! I’m deeply touched by all the songs, this is huge

Can't wait for the tour and please visit Argentina again :)

Edited by F3r

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOTALMENTE MARAVILLOSO EL DISCO !!!! Les doy un 10. Espero verlos en esta ocasión por Madrid, ya que la última vez que vinieron, antes que las entradas se pusieran a la venta, ya estaban todas adjudicadas no sé a quien, y fué un tremendo disgusto para los fans que esperamos tanto tiempo para verlos.... espero que se haga todo un poco más justo y lo podamos disfrutar... Siempre en mi vida U2 :)

• Subscriber

I've never posted before, but after listening to the new album, I just felt compelled to do so.  If for no other reason than to maybe be a voice of sanity in the midst of U2 worship.  Now, don't get me wrong, I am a very big fan, but I thought NLOTH was very uneven, and I can't fathom why the band opened the first leg of the 360 tour with Breathe.  Thankfully, it was subsequently dropped.

Now, here we go again... This Miracle (of Joey Ramone) business is U2 trying too hard, and failing.  I am sorely disappointed that this is the lead single, and the one chosen to showcase the new album.  Personally, it sounds to me like a remnant track from NLOTH... and not one of the good remnants.  I am at a loss to understand how U2 management made this huge of a misstep, when (now for the good news!) the rest of this new album is really, really good. Bordering on great!

Perhaps it won't matter... it probably won't.  Fans (myself included) will undoubtedly love (most of) it and pay lots of money for physical copies, tour tickets and merchandise, but I strongly wish that a brilliant marketing move could have been bolstered by something better than Ohh-ohh.... Ohhh-ohh and Bono overdramatizing worn out rock moves.  Frankly, I think potential new fans are turned off by the Apple commercial and song, which is disappointing and a disservice to a great band.  But who am I....?

Now that I've got that out of my system, I do want to definitively say that once you skip the first track (Joey) there is some amazing material on this album.... 'Sleep Like A Baby..' is reflective and moving, 'Volcano' is a pleasant expansion of the U2 brand of rock, 'Song For Someone' shows Bono's vocal chops are still some of the finest in the biz, 'This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now' brings Adam back to the forefront with a great bass-driven riff backed my some funky guitar from Edge, and 'The Crystal Ballroom' is some sort of disco-driven-rock jam that I am still trying to figure out.. but I love it!

Bottom line... For the first time in many years, I am thinking more about how great it will be to hear some of the new songs live than I am thinking about how the classics are going to sound this time around.  That's an amazing accomplishment for a band at this stage of their career.  So hats off, boys.... just please don't bore us with The Miracle.... I beg you!

Edited by onesomeone

• Subscriber

All you have to do is listen to the album, before you listen to people telling you about the album and it is. indeed, Great!

Yeah...People are trying their hardest to ruin it !!! They get in the way of your U2-love but you've gotta be strong and hang on to the Album !!!

It´s addictive !!!

Hay que escucharlo teniendo plena conciencia de la letra y ya no dejará tu mente nunca mas; lo mejor del booklet es la explicación de las letra, imperdible...

Edited by AKU

The new album is FANTASTIC.  My fav is Iris which I play whenever I get chance.

Reminds me very much of early U2 and being an 'OLD' fan from the 1980s I relate very much to early music.

Cannot wait to be at the tour even if I have to have a seat this time!!

Love Poll xxxxx

post-392587-0-13989000-1412948055_thumb.jpg