Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Subscriber

Worst U2 album ever in terms of the number of complete "throw-away" songs.  But Raised By Wolves is their most creative and innovative song since ATYCLB.  And the slower stuff -- The Troubles, Sleep Like Baby, Song For Someone -- is really strong.  In all, 6 songs worth loving and 5 that, at best, will grow on us ...

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

For a reason I can't understand (probably bad marketing), this album is so underrated.  I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.  I hate that so many people aren't even giving it a chance.  More sad evidence that rock & roll is dead or dying.  People are just more drawn to Justin Bieber, Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, I guess.  And trust me, I'm not one of these blind fans who loves "anyting U2" unconditionally.  In fact, I've been quite critical of some of their songs/projects in the past.

But Songs of Innocence blew me away.  As far as I'm concerned, it's the best stuff they've put out since Achtung Baby.  Three songs alone (Miracle, Every Breaking Wave and Song for Someone) are enough to make it a classic, but it's solid allround.  And the accoustic versions are breathtaking.  I can't wait to see them played live.

• Subscriber

I am now totally convinced that this album is the best since AB...(and I love all of their albums) but this one is perfection like UF, JT and AB...it captures every bit of soul and essence that is U2.  Nothing is left in the locker room-you can hear bits of every album they have ever created within this album.  

• Subscriber

Great album ... in my view their best album so far. Whilst I loved their 80's and 90's offerings. This is miles and miles better. I'd be very happy if they only played the last 4 albums next tour and park everything else. Songs of Innocence is a masterpiece.

• Subscriber

For all those that wax lyrical about AB - It was ok. It was a departure from Joshua Tree (U2's best ever and complete album), and recieved more plaudits than it should have in my opinion due to the fact that the band just turned a wee corner.

This one.?

Feckin better still....growing tunes from the best band ever.

The songs on this album, whilst of a different hang, are completely joyous and great. In my opinion only of course!

: )

Achtung baby was great but the bootleg sessions that got leaked were better than the finished album.

Achtung baby so long ago Songs of Innocence is today