• Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Today it hit me how great this album truly is. I've enjoyed it from day one, don't take me wrong. After listening to it every day since the release, I love this album. It may be my favorite in releases in my lifetime as a fan. And compared to their catalogue the best in 20 years. No Line is one of my favorite U2 albums too. Just love they are on fire!

• Subscriber

A lot of good and very good tracks at the moment - I only fast forward through one or two (Wolves).

However, I normally only award a song or an album 'great' after I see and hear it live. That's when my judgement is made about the album and its songs. Eg. Volcano took on a new dimension last night on Jools Holland live show.

The true test, therefore, will come next year - bring on the live shows please!!

I voted that I did not like it.

The day it was put on I-tunes I was so happy , so unexpected , I thought it was a brilliant move to stoke the fans and the music industry , then I listened to it , then I listened to it again , what was I missing here ???? OK the title would maybe lead you to believe it would be somewhat soft , but not 1 rocker IMO? Not one song I could listen to and say "wow, that song will be absolutely blazing live" So , I waited a few days and gave it another spin .... nothing. I tend to lean towards the heavier rocker songs from the band but I also love the change of pace songs like Dirty Day and Unknown Caller.  I can understand why this album would appeal to many , I hear influences from many of the other albums on this , but , it doesn't grab me like the others. I do not disagree with anyone who likes this album and I am sure I will see the upcoming tour as I have seen them 8 times dating back to Achtung and I hope that the new offerings come to life (for me) in the live setting. 

As I write this and prepare to take an hour drive to the other side of Connecticut I will listen again and maybe this post gets edited....

• Subscriber

I've been on A U2 roller coaster ride since this thing pounced on us 10/13. I was so stunned when I learned U2 dropped a record, i wasn't sure how to feel. I have been a U2 fan since the Unforgettable Fire era, and I was pretty pissed! I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.......then poof!! It's there in an instant, and I did not see it coming. I listened to it and grew angrier and angrier. Where was my U2 anthem? I am a woman, but I know what "blue balls" really feels like. So after my initial anger wore off, I went and bought the CD. This record WAS NOT DOING IT FOR ME, I WAS NOT GETTING OFF ON IT. I took the CD about 2 weeks after the release and went for a drive. For some reason, the CD carried it off. I was driving down Maine Street in my town, and the prickles of pins and needles went up and down my body. When Bono sings "all of the green and all of the gold...." on "Cedar Wood Road", it brings me to tears. Leaves me breathless (I know that sounds cliche, but it is the truth, swear). Between Edge's acidic guitar, Larry beating the hell out of those drums and Adams huge bass, I no longer have "blue balls". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. It just took a different format for me to get it. Maybe it's an age thing, I don't know. But Edge is right. Look past how it was dropped if you are pissed and just listen to the songs. They speak for themselves. I AM DEEPLY, MADLY in love with "Songs of Innocence."

• Subscriber

My six year old and I "are rock and roll" and play air bass together when we have "Volcano" blasting! I'm really feeling it, he is really feeling it, it's a wonderful thing. Men of U2, you have already accomplished the acquisition of another fan from the next generation. In case that whole bullshit idea is discussed again about people growing tired of you. Ok?