• Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I take advantage of gerlinehan9's post to come back on the cover artwork of the album. I've just read the thread dedicated to just that but it's been archived.

Some people said the album's cover reeked of pedophilia but, one should bear in mind that the song Sleep Like A Baby Tonight is precisely about pedophilia in the church. I'm sure the ambiguity is intended as an echo of the song and it also makes sense with regards to William Blake's poetry. There are actually many things to say on this subject and I don't have time right now but this cover is much more than meets the eye and it's not simply a marketing ploy.

• Subscriber

It's definitively GREAT! It took me me few listens to "get used to it" -- as with any other album, so nothing "abnormal."

Confession: I cried like a baby listening to "Every Breaking Way" - the acustic version.

The lyrics to "you gonna sleep like a baby tonight" are unbelivable -- so simple on the surface, and so DEEP once you get it. Plus that almost lullaby melody - so innocent and yet so heart wrenching. The same with "the troubles" - I live in Chicago, US, and on the retreat I counsel women from our parish - predominantly Irish. I hear the stories of domestic abuse all the time! THIS needs to stop, it's 21st century.

Ps. : Bono please heal your hand, may God bless You!

• Subscriber

that WHY U2 is losing FAns... bad cover,, bad album, a bad tour.

more blinded new fans. less art.. ZOO TV MOOD.

Hey George, its ok that you dont like SOI.

U2 were my absolute fave band through the 80's but I really didnt get their 90s stuff and I ignored their 00s stuff.

But i totally love SOI and cant stop listening to it.

so, give them 10 or 20 years and theyll come up with something youll love again!!!!!

• Subscriber

U2 were my absolute fave band through the 80's but I really didnt get their 90s stuff and I ignored their 00s stuff.

so, give them 10 or 20 years and theyll come up with something youll love again!!!!!

20 years??!! LOL!! They'll be 74 or so--they'll probably release a Songs of Old Age album... :P

• Subscriber

20 years??!! LOL!! They'll be 74 or so--they'll probably release a Songs of Old Age album... :P

Good Point...You can't fight time and death !!!

• Subscriber

that's WHY U2 is losing FAns...  a bad cover,, a bad album, a bad tour.

Hi George,

This post of yours is an answer to what? If it's an answer to what I said about the cover, it's more of a reaction than an answer really--could you be more specific than "bad", please? ;)