Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Subscriber

Thank you all for voting, it's been a good poll:)

I've been keeping an eye on the percentages and 'great' peaked at near 80% in the first month or so then consistently settled around 72/73%. Not bad at all! So it seems Bono was right, most fans regard the album as great.

Now for the tour which no doubt will be exceptional:D

I can't wait to listen to the new songs from SOE, as Edge said some songs are even greater than the ones on SOI!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I've been keeping an eye on the percentages and 'great' peaked at near 80% in the first month or so then consistently settled around 72/73%. Not bad at all! So it seems Bono was right, most fans regard the album as great.

I can't wait to listen to the new songs from SOE, as Edge said some songs are even greater than the ones on SOI!

Even better than the real thing ^_^

• Subscriber

It's not hard at all to find better songs than the ones on SOI in U2's backcatalog...Now about SOE....that will have to be really great and adventurous...Just what I'm expecting of U2 but then again...that's only me......

• Subscriber

Actually, I don't know anymore if it's great or just average! What I'm sure of is I feel frustrated by it, 8 months later.

To me, only the last 7 songs are good (notice I said only good) and as far as The Troubles is concerned, I'm not so sure...

In terms of musical risks, this album is really weak compared to the 90's and I have to say I agree with Cris, The Edge is not "hungry" any more.

I hope I'm going to be proven wrong by SOE and that it will be sonic fireworks...

• Subscriber

I've asked some people ...what does appeal to you in a song???...Most have said that the first thing that jumps out and that stays in their minds from then on is the  music (the sound, solos, guitar patterns, bass-patterns, infectious drum-beats, preferably heavy drums...passionate vocal interpretation... ) and the WAY the lyrics are sung....The actual lyrics were always the last of their worries concerning the likeness of the song, meaning that even if the lyrics are stupid, if the music is great then the song is great !!!...So there you have it U2 !!! Bring out the big guns !!!

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I was raised if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

So (deep breath), I bought the remastered/deluxe editions of albums I already owned but haven't bought a physical copy of an album that was given away digitally for free. It's the first U2 album I haven't bought.

That's about as diplomatic as I can be.

• Subscriber

I was raised if you can't say anything nice don't say anything at all.

So (deep breath), I bought the remastered/deluxe editions of albums I already owned but haven't bought a physical copy of an album that was given away digitally for free. It's the first U2 album I haven't bought.

That's about as diplomatic as I can be.

dang, you're missing out on 'Crystal Ballroom', shame.