Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Subscriber

I know, it's early days but I'm too excited to wait!!! So do you think it's great...or not so much?

(as far as 'relevance' goes Bono, you can't get much more relevant than launching with an Apple product!! Clever marketing).

Too early. If I'm still listening to it in 6 months then it's doing better than NLOTH

Hmm that was the thing for me too with NLOTH, thought it was a masterclass album as a body of songs, still do, but found it heavy going to listen to after probably a year or so

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I can't say it's their best album since POP because it's not better than No Line on the Horizon !!! It's up there with it !!! While I will give No Line 10/10 on any day....I will give this one a 9/10....because of California (don't really like that one) and the missing solo on  Volcano...

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

But because of the pleasure I feel when I listen to it, as a whole and because The Miracle makes me feel free and not run into a deep dark hole and hide like Beautiful Day, also the presence of a song (sleep like a Baby) that tickles me physically and spiritually, it gets me chicken-skinned, I feel the frisson - I voted Great !!!

Another detail would be that I liked it right away...This didn't happen with No Line...It took a long time with that one....It was hard to even listen to in the beginning !

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

I am officially stoked with the new album, its real kick ass, hold on to your hat we are in for a rollicking ride. Its time to make time for all those things that have been missing, man I want to drink beer at my local pub, hang out with mates, shoot some pool, and find a cool job to do, but if I can,t do all those things, then some of them and other things will have to do. My kids and I were dancing around madly in the lounge tonight to SOI, my world is SO BRIGHT again!, my hope is that U2 will release SOE very soon, because lets face it folks, the world is a much much MUCH better place to be in when U2 release new music. I know it is a lot to ask and great things sometimes take time, and man is it worth waiting for too. But I hope they can release another 2 or 3 albums in relatively quick succession, and really fill up the world with their SUPER ROCK SUPER SOUL SUPER MUSIC, I cant say enough! BTW I hope This is Where You Can Reach Me Now is released as a single, absolutely massive funked out tune!