Is the album "great"?  

816 members have voted

1. 1. vote here!

• yes Great!
    • Good
    • Average
    • no, don't like it

• Subscriber

I am officially stoked with the new album, its real kick ass, hold on to your hat we are in for a rollicking ride. Its time to make time for all those things that have been missing, man I want to drink beer at my local pub, hang out with mates, shoot some pool, and find a cool job to do, but if I can,t do all those things, then some of them and other things will have to do. My kids and I were dancing around madly in the lounge tonight to SOI, my world is SO BRIGHT again!, my hope is that U2 will release SOE very soon, because lets face it folks, the world is a much much MUCH better place to be in when U2 release new music. I know it is a lot to ask and great things sometimes take time, and man is it worth waiting for too. But I hope they can release another 2 or 3 albums in relatively quick succession, and really fill up the world with their SUPER ROCK SUPER SOUL SUPER MUSIC, I cant say enough! BTW I hope This is Where You Can Reach Me Now is released as a single, absolutely massive funked out tune!

You have captured my reaction to it as well. It's got it all!

Are you a Stones fan too? TIWYCRM had me at the beginning, when it walked through the door! ;)

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say yet because I've not really heard it properly, except for a few listens on youtube before they blocked them.  I'm Old School; I'm waiting for it to be released on vinyl, and then on the day of release I'll wait outside an old fashioned record store (remember them?) about an hour before opening - in quiet anticipation, and to beat the anticipated throng of like-minded fans - then I'll rush in, buy it, and then bunk off work for the rest of the day ('cos I'm not at school anymore) to listen to it.

• Subscriber

I can't say yet because I've not really heard it properly, except for a few listens on youtube before they blocked them.  I'm Old School; I'm waiting for it to be released on vinyl, and then on the day of release I'll wait outside an old fashioned record store (remember them?) about an hour before opening - in quiet anticipation, and to beat the anticipated throng of like-minded fans - then I'll rush in, buy it, and then bunk off work for the rest of the day ('cos I'm not at school anymore) to listen to it.

^_^ I like that!

Are there still record stores out there?! :o  ;)

Pleased to  say also here (but sorry for my awkward english ..

not easy for me, trouble.. i am french.)

that this "new baby" Songs of Innocence from U2

at the  early first listen   "giving for free "thanks you very much U2 for everything,

is so much  more that great .

Long waiting  and we know.

Back for the  roots  their past

with fresh songs.

The voice s' BONO is soulful

balanced : very  strong and very  sensible émotional i

I love particulary  the sublime shape of the song for " IRIS "

"flower of love song" from BONO  for the one who give him the life, his life.

One masterpiece  from him, grievous emotional , sensitive  close of the heart .

No end for love. X