U2's Position On Scottish Referendum

Is there one?  Has Bono or anyone else addressed this? Yes I know---they are Irish not Scottish.

But U2 is always addressing important world events.  They just wrote a song about the Ramones, after all. 

All I could find about Scotland was Bono clapping his hands in Glasgow to bring attention to world hunger. 

If anyone knows anything, thanks in advance. 

YES Side: Gerard Butler, Franz Ferdinand, Alan Cumming, Sean Connery

NO Side: JK Rowling, David Beckham, Susan Boyle, Alex Ferguson

Undecided, Undisclosed or Unknown: Andy Murray, KT Tunstall

http://www.usnews.com/news/entertainment/articles/2014/09/12/scottish-celebrities-take-sides-on-independence

http://thepopcop.co.uk/2013/05/40-musicians-answer-the-scottish-independence-question/

Edited by silkspectre

Why are Brits even getting a say in this? They aren't Scots. Sure independence might effect their business or way of life or bottom line. But you know what? Scotland was an independent country at one time, not under any others' rule. I hope they remember that. They need to get with the program or ship out.

This can be applied to Hawaii as well. 

Edited by Sigma957
  • Subscriber

Why are Brits even getting a say in this? They aren't Scots. Sure independence might effect their business or way of life or bottom line. But you know what? Scotland was an independent country at one time, not under any others' rule. I hope they remember that. They need to get with the program or ship out.

This can be applied to Hawaii as well. 

Nobody else in Britain is getting a say only people actively living in Scotland over the age of 16.