Wembley 2009

flydavidjj

This was a really pivotal moment for me. 

Firstly, the concert was amazing. I absolutely loved Unknown Caller, and all the rest of the new album. 

I thought the support from Elbow were brilliant. 

From the opening from Space Oddity (I'm a huge Bowie fan) right to the end I was hooked. 

In 2011 i fancied seeing them again and my sister told me she could get tickets for Miami in June. We went to the Sun Life stadium to see the show again. 

I've a lot of friends and acquaintances who don't really get U2, or Bono, but, for me, I spend most of the concerts in tears at his voice and the emotion he and the band creates. 

Anyway, it meant a lot to me to be there in 2009. Although the press didn't quite get the new album I loved it, and the tour as much as the last few. 

I'd seen Pop at Wembley Stadium, All That You Can't Leave Behind at Manchester Arena, and Atomic Bomb at Hampden. 

Can't wait for next year...

Edited by flydavidjj

• Subscriber

I was at Wembley in 2009 also on the first night what a great gig that was, and nearly at the front of the stage (Doh! There wasn't a front was there, lol!) Also got to see 360 at Cardiff. I was at Popmart also in 97 first night again at Wembley and my first U2 concert. Then Popmart in Jacksonville, FL later that same year, which was awful as it rained and the stadium was only half full, bit depressing really. Then Elevation at Earls Court in 2001, Vertigo at Twickenham (Got screwed over at that one in the presale, ended sitting right up in the tiers, wasn't happy). Look forward to next tour, can't wait.

• Subscriber

I was at Wembley in 2009 also on the first night what a great gig that was, and nearly at the front of the stage (Doh! There wasn't a front was there, lol!) Also got to see 360 at Cardiff. I was at Popmart also in 97 first night again at Wembley and my first U2 concert. Then Popmart in Jacksonville, FL later that same year, which was awful as it rained and the stadium was only half full, bit depressing really. Then Elevation at Earls Court in 2001, Vertigo at Twickenham (Got screwed over at that one in the presale, ended sitting right up in the tiers, wasn't happy). Look forward to next tour, can't wait.

I was there on the first night, but up in the stands, sound wasn't so good but think they were aware cos Bono mentioned it the next day (met him!!! and Edge!!!) :wub:

(heart still misses a beat with the memory:)

Edited by Anjana

• Subscriber

Was at Wembley for both shows, I think they were just as good as each other. Wembley is great for concerts, went to the Millenium stadium and that wasn't quite the same but still impressive. Have to say Stade De France was awesome, i'd go there again even if the crush getting in the pit was horrendous. Stayed in a right shit hole that night to see the 2nd show, had holes in the wall with plaster falling out, a window that didn't shut with a busy road outside and totally stunk of bad curry! and was a shit long walk from the stadium... but i didn't care!