SOI Promo Tour - Radio / TV / Press Interviews

• Subscriber

I've no problem with the repeated statements - they are expected, but was trying to say Q normally has an interview that gets a bit beyond that surface, making it worth plunking down the money upfront, and it didn't meet that standard this time.

I like that Portugal interview.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

I really can't say anything about Q or other magazines because I usually don't buy them... only when there is something about U2, so I don't know much about their style. But I trust in your opinion.

• Subscriber

U2 win the BAMBI International Music Award

U2 are one of the world’s most successful rock bands. And this is why, in the ceremony in Berlin on 13 November, U2 will be presented with the BAMBI for music international. The band will be on the BAMBI-stage with a special live performance.

http://www.bambi-awards.com/

• Subscriber

The mexico one is interesting. Miracle has to either open the show or the encore, so that doesn't surprise me, but Invisible I hadn't thought of as an opener. Could work - like Bullet occasionally on JT, or to open an encore, though I really prefer to think of it as an up closer, or midset momentum punch. Song for Someone I hadn't thought about at all, but I think Larry is right on the money there too, though I'd use it to close the main set not the show, though you could if the set was rotating a bit for freshness.

Nice ! - Netherlands one is good too - they are loosing up a bit after the earlier rounds. In general they've seemed more relaxed - Bono seems a hair more comfortable with the others talking, Adam seems happier and more confident, and Larry is making himself heard as well. Really great.

Edited by Koke-dera
  • Subscriber

The mexico one is interesting. Miracle has to either open the show or the encore, so that doesn't surprise me, but Invisible I hadn't thought of as an opener. Could work - like Bullet occasionally on JT, or to open an encore, though I really prefer to think of it as an up closer, or midset momentum punch. Song for Someone I hadn't thought about at all, but I think Larry is right on the money there too, though I'd use it to close the main set not the show, though you could if the set was rotating a bit for freshness.

Nice ! - Netherlands one is good too - they are loosing up a bit after the earlier rounds. In general they've seemed more relaxed - Bono seems a hair more comfortable with the others talking, Adam seems happier and more confident, and Larry is making himself heard as well. Really great.

When Larry said 'Song for Someone' to end the show, right away came to my mind 'Moment of Surrender'. Maybe that's the idea... because they're "similar" songs to me, I mean, very emotional.

I love the Dutch interview. It was great. I guess it was the first time Larry explained about his tattoo... I didn't know all those details. Now it makes more sense to be in the cover of the album.