bigwave

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

Great article, I saw it through Twitter today. I particularly liked this paragraph:

"The tour’s most striking innovation isn’t immediately obvious. U2 has moved its sound system to arena ceilings: an oval of 12 speaker arrays that sends the music downward evenly everywhere in the arena. When I walked all around the coliseum as the band played, the music was uniformly transparent and strong, the volume constant from front to back. “If you’re trying to blast sound the length of the venue from the stage, the venue sometimes wins and you get mud,” the Edge said. “With this, you don’t have to have it so loud — you’re getting good quality sound from something that’s much closer to you than normal.”

• Subscriber

Yeah, people jumped on it quick - it was suddenly everywhere at once. You can tell people are hungry for info & very happy with what they did hear in the article. Next bit should be the Tony Fenton interview on monday.

Maybe bw can start a new thread for interviews / appearances for the first leg of the tour after that as I'd guess anything else new before the tour starts will be set in Vancouver.

• Subscriber
u2-latenight-fallon.png
By James Rettig / 6:44 pm

U2 are getting ready to embark on a worldwide tour in a few weeks, but they’re tying off some loose ends stateside first. Back in November, the band was scheduled to do a week-long residency on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon in support of Songs Of Innocence, but it was cancelled after Bono got into a bicycle accident that put him out of commission. He’s still recovering, but the band is ready to perform. The show has just announced that U2 has rescheduled and will appear on Fallon next Friday, 5/4. And it looks like they’re the only guests that are appearing that night, so they probably have something special cooked up.

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca