Songs of Innocence artwork

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Wasn't a big fan of transvestite U2 either! :)  (nothing against that grouping of course....just not my thang then or today!...) - but hey, the music still stacks up for me - that's the main thing.

• Subscriber

The image is very nice and beautiful. As Fe said, there might be lots of interpretations, but I don't like at all that people are making homophobic comments, we need to open the mind a little bit. It's all about love... Yes U2 are annoying people again as Bono said. 

It's very curious, Larry is the father and he could be protecting him but he's also hugging his son as if Larry was a child, because children hug their parents waist and legs like that. :) It also makes me think that parents use to relive their own youth, when their children reach the same age. So if their sons are 18, parents relive their own life at 18. The light and the shadow express the same thing as the album. And it's also very personal and intimate. I love it, it's tender, it's all said in the photo really. :)

• Subscriber

I think Larry and Son on the cover of the album is iconic, and perfectly fits with the album title and music contained within, DO IT!, I absolutely love the idea,

Perhaps the next album could be a band photograph, or maybe even Peter Rowan as a man.