• Subscriber

Actually it's not a good news to me. There aren't arenas here.  :(  #crying

The language he used suggested there was some wiggle room and Edge said they were going to start small, so I'm sure they will be flexible. What I'm worried about is the more limited amount of standing tickets, I'm guessing they will do more dates to compensate for the smaller venues, but I think we are really going to rely on the pre-sale to get what we want. I've only ever done one gig sitting and it was a great gig, but I just felt like the best of the atmosphere passed me by.

Looking smooth as always there Bman!

Edited by Rhi_K
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Subscriber

They'll do bigger stadiums as they go on I'm sure...it'll go on for about two years in the end!!

Will look out for Q, thanks Malahide! I looked yesterday but it was still the previous edition on the shelves.

• Subscriber

I like the idea of arenas but I also remember how super difficult it is to get a ticket when they do arenas. Perhaps they'd consider doing stadiums in the larger metropolitan areas in the US and then arenas for the rest? Like Seattle, LA, NY could do Stadiums? Just a thought. I'll find a way to see them either way. 

• Subscriber

3 nights in the Odyssey Arena, Belfast this time around lads - you know you want to! ;)  

Ok then....two nights......erm, well one, just give us one!

Edited by yardie
  • Subscriber

So I don't know how reliable this is, but I heard (via social network, so could be complete BS) that the band may be considering complete accoustic sets, separate from the more conventional rock your socks off shows, I'm really not sure how I feel about this, getting tickets will be hell for starters and as much as I would love to see an accoustic set (may have to get a seating ticket for that one if it's true, 2 and half hours with very little dancing, hmmm?) I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity to jump around like an idiot too, which could happen if tickets are in short supply.

Has anyone else heard about this?

• Subscriber

I need to jump around like a loon lol  :lol: it's my god-given right as a U2 fan ha ha

Am sure they'll mix it up. Remember Stay live, just Edge and Bono some any moons ago (was it Mexico? can't remember) just beautiful

• Subscriber

Actually it's not a good news to me. There aren't arenas here.  :(  #crying

we didn't have an arena for 11 years and missed many bands doing shows here because of it :mellow:

the government closed our old Entertainment Centre in 2001 and the new arena was suppose to be ready by 2009.

it went over budget (500 million) & opened in 2012, three years late.  

having said that, I saw Springsteen at the new Perth Arena in February and the venue is fantastic!! just too bad it

wasn't built on schedule.