Limited Edition & Double Dates - U2ers are gonna go broke!

Allegra

• Subscriber

First up...about that Limited Vinyl Edition this week...

Really???  Only a few hundred???  Across the US?  Pfffft!  Only read that drops were made in New York and LA.....not Texas!

Next up...Double U2 shows...

That's awesome but we're gonna go broke you guys!  I suggest the second night free for Zootopians at the smaller venues...now that's playing to your die-hard fans!

http://www.atu2.com/news/adam-clayton-on-next-tour-we-want-to-have-two-different-shows.html

;)

• Subscriber

Aaah interesting, I just posted this on another thread, I haven't had chance to go looking for any reliable info, but this is what I heard from Gavin at U2Tourfans on fb

So I don't know how reliable this is, but I heard (via social network, so could be complete BS) that the band may be considering complete accoustic sets, separate from the more conventional rock your socks off shows, I'm really not sure how I feel about this, getting tickets will be hell for starters and as much as I would love to see an accoustic set (may have to get a seating ticket for that one if it's true, 2 and half hours with very little dancing, hmmm?) I really don't want to miss out on the opportunity to jump around like an idiot too, which could happen if tickets are in short supply.

Has anyone else heard about this?

• Subscriber

I can't imagine anyone wanting to do one and not the other, I certainly don't, best get saving, ticket costs won't be the only issue, there is overnight accomodation for some too, which may also be a problem if accomodation is booked up by thousands of U2 fans, not to mention summer holiday travellers, so those people who needed accomodation and couldn't get it may be forced to choose between sets or pay for travel for 2 days. I hope we get some solid information soon, I think this is going to take some planning

If it gets too complicated, I'm just going to follow JAMES next year.

Although IF it's a greatest hits show and then a non-greatest hits show for U2; I will choose the non-greatest hits show.

Sense the adventure...

Furthermore if it's non-greatest hit concert, that means U2 would have to play songs they never played live before, or rarely.

Like A Song

11 O'Clock Tick Tock

Wire

A Sort of Homecoming

Electrical Storm

Gloria

Exit

Red Hill Mining Town

Van Dieman's Land

To name a few.

Edited by Sigma957

• Subscriber

I read yesterday that there will be double shows starting May 1st and 2nd in France then touring Europe for 3 months before break in August then u.s in September. Apparently came from someone connected to LN. Poster did say it's just a rumour. Also the guy added the Tour is to be called Volcano, which I can't really see.

• Subscriber

Where would the rarities/acoustic shows take place? Would they in smaller venues like theatres or academies, or would they still be in arenas?

THAT IS THE QUESTION!  You'd think that if they already have plans to play in arenas and say they want to play to a smaller crowd for their new stuff...that says theater to me too!  

Ooooh weeee!  U2 in a theater...  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif

• Subscriber

Where would the rarities/acoustic shows take place? Would they in smaller venues like theatres or academies, or would they still be in arenas?

THAT IS THE QUESTION!  You'd think that if they already have plans to play in arenas and say they want to play to a smaller crowd for their new stuff...that says theater to me too!  

Ooooh weeee!  U2 in a theater...  drool.gif  drool.gif  drool.gif

That would be AMAAAZING!