'Vinyl Special' Giveaway Discussion Thread

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

U2.com, congrats for this contest!

It's a very nice idea.

It's been great to read all stories, although I don't have anything so special to share.

Don't you have a Rocking Sao Paulo U2 experience? Come on Feb !!!

Nothing special like the things I'm reading here... I've never travelled to go to a show, I've never met the band or was taken by Bono in the stage.

Actually my first big rock concert was not U2, it was Rolling Stones + Bob Dylan.

So write about that one. Doesn't have to be U2.

Yeah Feb...Write about that one...mine doesn't involve U2 either!

Edited by pain_18_
  • Subscriber

SLANE  July 1986 - My first Big gig I guess - what an experience.

- Chris Rea

- The Bangles (on yes Suzanah Hoffs! lol ;) ) were very good.

and....Queen. Queen Freddie Mercury with 100,000 people in the palm of his hand. 

What a beautiful sunny day on the banks of the river Boyne. A true natural concert site (and of course U2'S initial base at the castle during UF recordings a couple of years earlier).

• Subscriber

That's impressive !!!! Yardie...Queen must have been out of this world ....as the other two artists!

Thanks pain. It was impressive, I was like 18 yrs old.......Queen came on stage with 'One Vision' etc....one of those things. I just remember 'the Bangles' being fecking good! ;)

Also 100.000 in unison clapping their hands to radio ga-ga.

Before you ask - yes - the capacity for Slane was reduced after that very gig ('85 was Springsteen, 84 was Dylan (riots), 83 was Rolling Stones)....after Queen, health n safety kicked in.

I went 87, mostly to see a popular Scottish band, 'big country', supporting DAVID BOWIE's glass spider tour. Thank god I saw BigCountry!

Didn't return to Slane until many years later - Madonna ffs! - the wife liked her, and I wanted to go back. Two birds, one stone.

The Croke park , The Slane...all changed....for the better.....but I have MASSIVE memories I love to share....from the past.

Edited by yardie
  • Subscriber

Love your entry electricco, especially the Bono bowing pic at the end.

Thanks Koke

post-288312-0-07431000-1362929325.gif

I wish I could take a pic like this One but cameras were prohibited :huh:

Are you gonna enter to the competition ? :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

• Subscriber

Alright guys, I will. However I think I don't have many chances to win... U2 stories are the best. Mich and electricco, I love yours. I wish I could have moments like these.

Thanks fernanda

I cry and shout too when I missed The Unforgettable Fire tour ...

I love your entrie too Girl !!! ^_^

• Subscriber

I can't belive I read storyies about Elvis presley. Whether you like it or not he's a legend and it ounds unreal to me....

I can't see how to choose a winner among all, everyone deserves the victory.

Do we know exactly how many prizes we have?

• Community Moderator

Alright guys, I will. However I think I don't have many chances to win... U2 stories are the best. Mich and electricco, I love yours. I wish I could have moments like these.

Thanks, Fe.  It was most surreal.  I still look back at that trip and everything that surrounded and wonder how on earth it happened to me.