Songs Of Innocence (Merged)

• Subscriber

Is it wrong to laugh out loud at the "Dulcimer by Bono" credit? Or does it deserve respect after the surprise wears off?

WHAT is that ???

when I saw 'The Lord Of The Rings' performed by an orchestra, there was a Dulcimer in there. I think it is a small piano type instrument.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark Kelly (I hope I'm not mistaken) was broadcasted through satellite during "In a Little While" on the 360 tour and he sung "a man takes a rocketship into the sky....."!

riiiiiggghhhtttt!!!!   that's it!!!  and this is part of the 360 tour DVD... now I remember.  I am getting old before my time. 

Is it wrong to laugh out loud at the "Dulcimer by Bono" credit? Or does it deserve respect after the surprise wears off?

WHAT is that ???

when I saw 'The Lord Of The Rings' performed by an orchestra, there was a Dulcimer in there. I think it is a small piano type instrument.

yes it is.  There is an Aerosmith song with a prelude called Dulcimer Act.  I think it's the prelude to "The Other Side" from the album with Love in an Elevator and Janie's Got a Gun... again I am forgetting the name of the album???   Ummm, "PUMP"  I think.  Took me a while.

• Subscriber

I'm listening to it and reading the booklet again and again and I just LOVE IT. I just can't believe it. How fast they could interweave all that and give it shape... Yes I forgot these are the U2ers, it's what they do :lol: 

It touches me in very deep places

It's incredible how they channel all that wild emotions and feelings so difficult to express but yes they went there

I can't wait to listen to it live

• Subscriber

Thanks and we'll go there! B)

I need to listen to it more as it's too early, but I love the album as a whole and ALL the songs because they're so special, they make sense inside the album and each one has something great and the potential to be INCREDIBLE live. But so far I'm loving the most, not in this particular order: The Miracle (of Joey Ramone), Every Breaking Wave, Song for Someone, Volcano, Sleep Like a Baby Tonight and The Troubles.

Maybe it's a personal thing and I need to I listen to it more  :)

Edited by tan_lejos_tan_cerca