Songs Of Innocence (Merged)

• Subscriber

Really love that they had the time to nail all the details on this one. No question: hat tips to Larry, Adam, and Edge, but I think Bono needs his propers both for the writing and the singing on this sucker. I was caught yesterday on the phrasing and delivery of  California vs. Song for Someone. California lures you along the delayed delivery of the lines wringing every drop of suspense (but it did... like it al-...ways... does), all the build toward a pay off (California mind you, not Volcano ;) ), some words flicking like a knife to draw a drop of emotion as well. I also love the almost breathless rush in the short burst of some of the lines vs. the overall delivery.  Song for Someone takes it's time in the delivery as well - it's similar, but the effect is completely different (longing? yearning?), something I wouldn't have appreciated without hearing them back to back. Going (back) to California - "shiny sea" - yup, that's the Pacific, not the Atlantic ;) and post- that interview mentioning the drowning, "the weight that drags your heart down" plays differently in my head. Also, laughing a bit now at Edge playing Sympathy for the Devil (I rode a tank, held a General's rank) at the start of This is Where You Can Reach Me Now. Reminds me - pain, not sure if you missed my meaning before: "bright stars" - those shiny things up in the sky, vs. (supposedly) smart celebrities. Anyway, much to this album - my heart is dragging me down into its depths ;)

Edited by Koke-dera
  • Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Community Manager

Lucifers Hands & The Crystal Ballroom, leaked as the two new tracks on the delux. (maybe that's old news - I dunno.)

we're aware of a leak rumour, but just to remind everyone not to post any links to file sharing sites, thanks in advance

• Subscriber

Lucifers Hands & The Crystal Ballroom, leaked as the two new tracks on the delux. (maybe that's old news - I dunno.)

we're aware of a leak rumour, but just to remind everyone not to post any links to file sharing sites, thanks in advance

I wouldn't dream of it. Haven't heard them myself - can't wait to get my hands on the real deal next week!

• Community Manager

I wouldn't dream of it. Haven't heard them myself - can't wait to get my hands on the real deal next week!

nice one :)

• Subscriber

Really love that they had the time to nail all the details on this one. No question: hat tips to Larry, Adam, and Edge, but I think Bono needs his propers both for the writing and the singing on this sucker. I was caught yesterday on the phrasing and delivery of  California vs. Song for Someone. California lures you along the delayed delivery of the lines wringing every drop of suspense (but it did... like it al-...ways... does), all the build toward a pay off (California mind you, not Volcano ;) ), some words flicking like a knife to draw a drop of emotion as well. I also love the almost breathless rush in the short burst of some of the lines vs. the overall delivery.  Song for Someone takes it's time in the delivery as well - it's similar, but the effect is completely different (longing? yearning?), something I wouldn't have appreciated without hearing them back to back. Going (back) to California - "shiny sea" - yup, that's the Pacific, not the Atlantic ;) and post- that interview mentioning the drowning, "the weight that drags your heart down" plays differently in my head. Also, laughing a bit now at Edge playing Sympathy for the Devil (I rode a tank, held a General's rank) at the start of This is Where You Can Reach Me Now. Reminds me - pain, not sure if you missed my meaning before: "bright stars" - those shiny things up in the sky, vs. (supposedly) smart celebrities. Anyway, much to this album - my heart is dragging me down into its depths ;)

I prefer the cosmic meaning of Bright Stars...it's much more beautiful...!

• Subscriber

Nope...not me either ! Waiting for my deluxe copy to arrive !!!