Songs Of Innocence (Merged)

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

It must be just me, but the live EBW's give a feeling like Facebook. What I mean is the "if you go..." hits like not just a single relationship, but the parting of ways of the companions of your youth - school friends and such, that builds into the absence -- that pull that is left toward people you have known well in your past, that is satisfied, as best it can be, by this modern electronic touching.

Also, Edge sitting at a piano is a good thing.

And how perfect is the alternative perspective's drawing in Into the Heart? Wow.

• Subscriber

It must be just me, but the live EBW's give a feeling like Facebook. What I mean is the "if you go..." hits like not just a single relationship, but the parting of ways of the companions of your youth - school friends and such, that builds into the absence -- that pull that is left toward people you have known well in your past, that is satisfied, as best it can be, by this modern electronic touching.

Also, Edge sitting at a piano is a good thing.

And how perfect is the alternative perspective's drawing in Into the Heart? Wow.

I don't agree on the facebook thing...What I do hear and I'm glad that was kept from the 360 version is the way Bono always ends the verse..it's exactly as that moment in nature when after the noise of the waves crashing on the rocks...there is a moment of silence before the reflux draws them back only to crash them again...I don't know if you can sense that...Listen closely on your headphones !

• Subscriber

Elementary school diaspora - just a feeling it gives me, in the emotion, not the sound. Will listen for the waves / album releases (sometimes think it's a song giving fans the finger for nipping at their heels for what's new all the time).

• Subscriber

This :

My 2 New U2 Albums

What connection is it between my Poetic Imagery of the Noisy Crashing Waves then blending with a short moment of silence then back to the the Roar of the Sea and the band giving us the finger???? I was praising the song...I love it !!!

EDIT !!! I got it ! I like to think about some tender stuff and the actual Sea Crashing against the Rocks on a day of September !
Edited by pain_18_

Must say I am underwhelmed at the Deluxe version of the album. Flimsy packaging, flimsy paper cd holding cases and nothing deluxe about it at all. If you consider the deluxe's from the past, No Line, Bomb and the re-issues, this one is poorly made, thought out. 

Good job the music is solid.