Songs Of Innocence (Merged)

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

Must say I am underwhelmed at the Deluxe version of the album. Flimsy packaging, flimsy paper cd holding cases and nothing deluxe about it at all. If you consider the deluxe's from the past, No Line, Bomb and the re-issues, this one is poorly made, thought out. 

Good job the music is solid.

No I didn't think the packaging was too good either, the inserts fall out the outer edges and I'll batter the corners in no time at all. Bit disappointed with that, just felt like a normal CD to me.

Must say I am underwhelmed at the Deluxe version of the album. Flimsy packaging, flimsy paper cd holding cases and nothing deluxe about it at all. If you consider the deluxe's from the past, No Line, Bomb and the re-issues, this one is poorly made, thought out. 

Good job the music is solid.

No I didn't think the packaging was too good either, the inserts fall out the outer edges and I'll batter the corners in no time at all. Bit disappointed with that, just felt like a normal CD to me.

Yeah, I know what you mean, it looks cheaply made. Might go for the standard copy, at least you get a plastic case.

Yeah CD2 is okay. Like Crystal Ballroom, Lucifer's Hands is pretty good too. Some of the acoustic versions I find not as good as the album versions. 

Loving Every Breaking Wave, California and Raised By Wolves acoustic. Song for someone is a bit so so, Doesn't really do anything for me.

Troubles and Sleep Like a Baby I prefer the album versions. Like how Invisible is on it, prefer the longer version.

Just think Bono's voice on CD2 acoustic versions are a bit rough. Bit still adds a little roughness to it, if you want the cleaned up version, that is what CD1 is for. Or the album.

• Subscriber

I don't like the way the booklets for the lyrics and Bono's message are printed - I'd prefer a booklet with pages to flick through. 

I really like The Crystal Ballroom and Lucifer's Hands, some of the acoustic versions are fantastic, and the alternative versions of the songs on the album are pretty good - also glad Invisible was on there, I was kind of worried it'd be buried and forgotten...

• Subscriber

Pain, yeah, again not the sound (though focusing on the sound is cool) - the guy who would otherwise be giving the future a big kiss telling you to get off his back about the next album (chasing the next breaking wave) when they've just released one (the wave that just broke) <g> Know you got that - just spelling it out for anyone that didn't.

Really think they went the right way on The Troubles given the alternative. Do think it's interesting for it's focus on the rope, but it isn't as effective as the full stanza they used on the album version, and isn't as balanced between the rope and "the will for survival" that comes on the album. I wonder how long they wrestled with that? Just a slightly different hold on the chisel and the song becomes an utter standout. The good to great thing. It's the bit of polish that makes me happy with them taking whatever time they feel they need.

• Subscriber

Adam's Bass on Crystal Ball room...OMG !!!!!

I even like Invisible ...I can finally hear Larry on it !!!!

Plus : Return of the Return of Stingray Guitar, The Guitar on Crystal ball Room reminds me of 'I'm not your baby  (B-side version of the Please Single)', the chorus reminds me of the Stones' song - Miss You, the Acoustic Sessions are Massive and the other three songs ( because one is Invisible) are cool, The Troubles (Alternative) and Tchad Blake's take on Baby Tonight are actually Incredible !!!!

I was shaking from a stormy me (that's what I always understand !!)...Haunted by the spectres that we had to see... Brilliant....I love how Bono touches a lot on the fear of the innocent !!!

I am Young....'m Knocked Out..Just Wishing to be Blinded..By U..2...We are pilgrims on our waaaay!!!!

Edited by pain_18_