• Bono Book Zoo Header.jpg

Songs Of Innocence (Merged)

bigwave

• Subscriber

SOE I'm kinda hoping for a type of song they've done before but more clearly in the context of experience. The sort of having the experience or faith to not be overwhelmed by experience -- there is truth though it may come with a cost, maybe an ode to Thomas More <g> They have kind of done that before with things like Pride, or Bono and Gavin with In the Name of the Father. But we'll see. I'll be happy with whatever they bring us, but SOI is a pretty high standard to have set just before it.

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Subscriber

I love what you people are talking about...Love how the Waves in Until the End of the World (watch the tour clips) tell a more intimate story to which we can relate...Which ties beautifully to the Waves theme on SOI...Just listen and be amazed !!!

I agree with  what you said above, Koke-Dera !

I finished reading "100 years of solitude" today...I can see now where Bono got inspired for Ultraviolet....Not gonna reveal anything...I don't want to take away the pleasure of reading and discovering...

In the light of the fact that the Innocence-Experience theme runs through U2's back-catalog like a river, you never know which path will it take for itself....I think Adam's quote is fit (about SOE): "It will be like a celebration of sorts"...

• Subscriber

I think you make perfect sense. And for a show ender you get Still Haven't Found - experience doesn't bring answers, and One - we're all in the same boat <g>

Yeah....this is one of the greatest facts (in its toughness and cruelness, not great as in 'how cute' or 'so cool') I found in life....It's great that you said it...I thought I was the only one...

Edited by pain_18_

• Subscriber

Back to the rope:

Follow --> Iris

U2 by U2: Light going out - "and then they pulled a switch."

"My mother's death just threw petrol on the fire. The big questions built to a crescendo. I felt hopeless. I thought about suicide."

"two things happened in the same few weeks and they both saved my life. ... ... The first thing is that I had a vision of my future. ... Ali ... And then another amazing thing happened. I joined a band."

Think with Iris it is like with Liam Neeson & his son on the death of a mother, but on thoughts of suicide as well - I got past it, you can too. So, it's a dark thing, but the message is one of encouragement to move on and get past it.

Edited by Koke-dera

• Subscriber

And I might add that neither does Innocence provide any answers....It's just a magical state of mind born in childhood...Probably the best part of life.....The Innocence you choose to have later is not of the same nature, It's not pure Innocence, it's Innocence rebelling against Experience....Because there's something organic, material that pulls you into the darkness....That's why it's hard to understand where the soul begins and the body ends and vice-versa...That's why life has more of a contemplative role...You can't make any sense of anything...Nothing leads to nowhere...The only thing you can do is to be in the "How" of the flow....to just go with it.....I don't know...I'm only babbling...

• Subscriber

The more I see, the less I know, understand....I'm more confused by the day...That's why maybe the SOI album might be the key album...It was easier to grasp things back then...As time passed, things got more and more complicated....Even the simple things seem so complicated...Back then I didn't even think about it....Thinking is the enemy...That's why SOi should've been a ore intuitive album since pure Innocence is extremely intuitive and much less rational...But I accept that SOI is Innocence seen through the eyes of Experience...It couldn't have been otherwise....Now with SOE I'm not expecting anything........What will be will be ... But I'd really like it to be more intuitive than rational....At long-last...where did so much thinking get us? Is the world better? No..it's as crooked as it always was or worse and as crooked as it will always be.......But on the other hand giving in to bad instincts is as worse as rationally choosing to do bad...

In conclusion, after Experience, which doesn't serve much at the end of the day, you try to choose to be Innocent, to not be affected by Experience, which is a lot harder than naturally having it within you ...

Anyway....All Great Music !!!! B)